Dishwasher Leak

Please use this forum for all DIY posts that do not fit into a specific category.

Moderator: Moderators

Zimzim
Newly registered Member

Dishwasher Leak

Post by Zimzim »

Anyone have any experience repairing dishwashers?

Mine is leaking and setting off the float valve in the base. I've stripped it down and it's not the expected sump seal or door seal, but a joint along the side that has bowed out slightly. There's a squeegee like clip that goes over the top that has been removed for the photo.

I was thinking of just siliconing it up and seeing if that does the trick. However, thought I might as what might be a good product to use seeing as it's going to have to seal against hot and cold super salty water!
Attachments
IMG_6664s.jpg
IMG_6664s.jpg (37.45 KiB) Viewed 1480 times
Zimzim
Newly registered Member

Dishwasher Leak

Post by Zimzim »

I think I've answered my own question ... I may as well leave it here in case anyone else is having similar issues

This issue affects a whole bunch of siemens, bosch and neff dishwashers as they all seem to use the same generic shell/body. It seems that the spray whirlygig (whatever it's called) directs hot water right at the joint between the steel upper and the plastic base, causing it to bow eventually.

A kit was released that covers dozens of machine models which features a seal, metal braces and a modified spray arm (that's the word!).

Kit is number 1777720 but you'd need to check your model is covered. Espares have said I can have a free return if there aren't instructions in there (they can't check as their telesales are in a different location to the warehouse and the warehouse answers queries in a 'couple of days'). Seems like a reasonable compromise. Oh well, I'll have a stab and report back.

The kit costs about £30 which isn't cheap but then again, isn't exactly crazy. I've paid £40 for a new plastic drawer for my fridge a while back, which seemed bonkers.
sammy.se

Dishwasher Leak

Post by sammy.se »

HIya,

This is useful. I have a Bosch and the 'Check Water' light comes on a lot, I think it might be a related issue to this.

I searched espares for "1777720" but nothing came up. Can you please post a link?
sammy.se

Dishwasher Leak

Post by sammy.se »

Return to “General DIY forum”