Ultion vs Yale (3 star locks)

Please use this forum for all DIY posts that do not fit into a specific category.

Moderator: Moderators

rapidnailer07

Post by rapidnailer07 »

I notice that Yale do a 3 star euro barrel lock which seems a lot cheaper than Ultion (e.g: https://www.lockandkey.co.uk/p/yale-pla ... -cylinder/)

Are all 3 star locks equal? What is the benefit of Ultion over this Yale one? And does Ultion justify it's almost double price over the Yale?

Thanks in advance
Bob225

Post by Bob225 »

you can get them cheaper than £45 iirc the TS007 kitemark/star rating is done by an outside testing house, The Yale is police preferred "secure by design"
rapidnailer07

Post by rapidnailer07 »

Bob225 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:08 pm you can get them cheaper than £45 iirc the TS007 kitemark/star rating is done by an outside testing house, The Yale is police preferred "secure by design"
So it does beg the question, does Ultion justify the higher price of Yale? What are you getting with Ultion for the higher price?
wine~o

Post by wine~o »

I must admit I don't know the Ultion brand, my 3* lock of choice is the AVC avocet. Shop around and they can be had slightly cheaper than the Yale.
Verwood Handyman

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk
Bob225

Post by Bob225 »

there all a much of a muchness some brands have their quirks - Avoset, Assa and Yale are all good brands

Return to “General DIY forum”