Ultimate HandymanUltimate Handyman on Pinterest

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice forum

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:41 pm
Visit Hilti

Time zone: Europe/London [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:44 pm 
Newly registered Member

I have bought a vaillant 150 time switch and connected it to my new vaillant eco Tec pro 28 boiler it does not work. I contacted vaillant and they told me it just plugs into the front facia and I don't have to take any links out or wire up anything , or make any adjustments in the programme , installer or diagnostics etc.
so I was sent another time switch this does not work either , am I doing something wrong or is the second time switch faulty.
the instructions or very vague , some instructions say it has to be fitted along side a room thermostat others don't. vaillant tech says it does not.
when you, I ? take off the blanking plate on the front of the boiler there are 5 vertical pins which you push the timer onto , I have been told that's all I have to do.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on Google+
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:53 pm 

What time controls did you have before this?

When you say it doesn't work, do you mean the heating doesn't come on, or won't go off?

Has the link in the X106 24v RT connection block been replaced?

www.drlgas.co.uk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:28 pm 
Newly registered Member

no controls ,it is a new boiler, which came with basic controls.
nothing happens when it is fitted.
the link was already there

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:06 pm 

twilight wrote:
nothing happens when it is fitted.

What happened before it was fitted?

To save time and "twenty questions" please tell us everything that has been done, tried or what ever, from the start, and also what else do you have like room stat? does the timer "tell the right time"

Pure speculation but:
I suspect there is a link that needs to be removed, since all a timer does is "switch on" as and when the timer says it should.
Without a plug in timer, the boiler will require an external timer to tell it when to come on.
But with no plug in timer fitted, the "switch on" function of the timer will need to be linked out / over ridden, so the boiler can work with an external timer.
I am guessing its this link that needs to be removed (so it will work on the plug in timer) But where is is, I have no idea.

Failing that, why not use an external timer?

Which is correct? Metre or Meter? Click the link. to find out more.

No such thing as "Thou shalt put this wire here, Thou shalt put that wire there" .............Take a picture BEFORE you do the job.

If gloom had a voice, it would be me. :mrgreen:

:idea1: How to post a picture on this forum Click here

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:59 pm 
Newly registered Member

to operate the boiler for central heating you press the radiator key , then the plus key to whatever temp you want, the boiler stays on until you press the radiator key again , and press the minus key
until it says off.it is a bit of a pain ,which is the reason for me getting a 150 time switch, which the adverts say it is so simple to install. I thought there would have to be a link removed . which is why I contacted vaillant tech . who said you just plug it into the five pin plug behind the blanking plate at the front of the boiler.
as I have already stated the instructions are very vague for instance in the manual it says when fitting controllers read the instructions that come with the controller.
when you read the instructions that come with controller it says read the instructions that that are in the manual.
I think the second controller is faulty.my problem now is being stuck with a £50 odd pound faulty timer. unless I am doing something wrong.
I have studied the wiring diagram and there is nothing on it showing the five pins.
on the 150 time switch is a three position switch which is On. Timed and Off. I HAVE TRIED ALL POSITIONS AND IT DOES NOT DO ANYTHING.
I WILL GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS AND I WILL LET YOU KNOW THE OUTCOME.
THANKS FOR TRYING TO HELP.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:20 am 

I am not familiar with the latest Ecotec Pro boilers, but if both 150's appear to not be working I would start to suspect the board that they are plugged into, but first, as an experiment, I would remove the link I mentioned above. This has to be removed for external programmers and I wouldn't have thought it would need be for fitting the 150, but it is worth a try.

Perhaps a warranty call to Vaillant would sort the issue, or at least call your installer and ask him first.

www.drlgas.co.uk