DIY Forum

 

Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate HandymanUltimate Handyman on Pinterest

 

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice forum

 

 

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:10 am
Visit Thermo worx


Time zone: Europe/London [ DST ]




 

 


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: building off the grid
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:27 pm 
Online
Pro Carpenter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:11 pm
Posts: 19519
Location: redhill surrey an auld reekie laddie
Has thanked: 623 times
Been thanked: 1771 times
travel channel freeveiw 42 at 2300
havent got a clue if its worth watching or exactly how "off grid" it is but may be worth a watch ?? :dunno:

_________________
we are all ------------------still learning


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on Google+

For this message the author big-all has received gratitude : Dave54
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:58 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:49 pm
Posts: 9406
Location: Oban
Has thanked: 326 times
Been thanked: 1661 times
Watched one episode a few months ago. Bunch of hippy-types that built a cabin shaped so they could ride their push-bikes over the roof.....

Hopeless 'skills', yuppy attitude and totally unrealistic. Typical trash TV imho.

_________________
sent from my laptop using my fingers - because we REALLY need to know where it's come from.....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:12 pm 
Online
Pro Carpenter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:11 pm
Posts: 19519
Location: redhill surrey an auld reekie laddie
Has thanked: 623 times
Been thanked: 1771 times
i am sure you right :lol:
as i have never noticed it before
and "travel channel" isnt in my favorate "tv choice" magazine its one off those you have to find with a full search so thought it worth a mention :lol:
funny enough i thought off you and billy goat when i saw it :lol:

_________________
we are all ------------------still learning


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:21 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:20 pm
Posts: 2888
Has thanked: 872 times
Been thanked: 855 times
I'll probably record it. If nothing else it sounds as if it might be a laugh!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:59 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:51 pm
Posts: 7039
Has thanked: 345 times
Been thanked: 1227 times
I've seen a couple of bits of that programme, it didn't really do it for me.

There is some good stuff on channel 42 though; I quite like *Life below zero* - bunch of nut-jobs living in the back of beyond in Alaska.

Blaze on 83 has it's share of nut-jobs too - see *Mountain Men*

_________________
One day it will all be firewood.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:35 pm 
Online
Pro Carpenter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:11 pm
Posts: 19519
Location: redhill surrey an auld reekie laddie
Has thanked: 623 times
Been thanked: 1771 times
ayjay wrote:
I've seen a couple of bits of that programme, it didn't really do it for me.

There is some good stuff on channel 42 though; I quite like *Life below zero* - bunch of nut-jobs living in the back of beyond in Alaska.

Blaze on 83 has it's share of nut-jobs too - see *Mountain Men*


funny enough i remove 27 off the channels below 79 as the only range i ever look at to reduce the pointless carp to look at when i scroll at 6 channels at a time it stops just short off 83 so have never watched the content but now will look avidly for the perhaps 2hrs off content a week or month i may like :huray: :thumbright:

_________________
we are all ------------------still learning


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:42 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:51 pm
Posts: 7039
Has thanked: 345 times
Been thanked: 1227 times
big-all wrote:
ayjay wrote:
I've seen a couple of bits of that programme, it didn't really do it for me.

There is some good stuff on channel 42 though; I quite like *Life below zero* - bunch of nut-jobs living in the back of beyond in Alaska.

Blaze on 83 has it's share of nut-jobs too - see *Mountain Men*


funny enough i remove 27 off the channels below 79 as the only range i ever look at to reduce the pointless carp to look at when i scroll at 6 channels at a time it stops just short off 83 so have never watched the content but now will look avidly for the perhaps 2hrs off content a week or month i may like :huray: :thumbright:


You can probably set up a few channels as your "favourites" to save scrolling through the rest of the dross all the time, (must get around to doing that myself some time). :lol:

_________________
One day it will all be firewood.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:33 pm 
Online
Pro Carpenter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:11 pm
Posts: 19519
Location: redhill surrey an auld reekie laddie
Has thanked: 623 times
Been thanked: 1771 times
ayjay wrote:
big-all wrote:
ayjay wrote:
I've seen a couple of bits of that programme, it didn't really do it for me.

There is some good stuff on channel 42 though; I quite like *Life below zero* - bunch of nut-jobs living in the back of beyond in Alaska.

Blaze on 83 has it's share of nut-jobs too - see *Mountain Men*


funny enough i remove 27 off the channels below 79 as the only range i ever look at to reduce the pointless carp to look at when i scroll at 6 channels at a time it stops just short off 83 so have never watched the content but now will look avidly for the perhaps 2hrs off content a week or month i may like :huray: :thumbright:


You can probably set up a few channels as your "favourites" to save scrolling through the rest of the dross all the time, (must get around to doing that myself some time). :lol:

yes i have tried favorites but found as i have three recording machines cycling 2 in the house one in the shed all different to keep them working i watch the content whilst recording on the other this can take 2 or 3 weeks when i finnish watching the content i clear the hard drive and new install every time
to reset the machine
anyway i found it easier to remove 1/3 the content rather than highlight 2/3 the content in the section i watch

_________________
we are all ------------------still learning


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 


Similar topics
   

Time zone: Europe/London [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Visit Hilti


 

 

 

News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
ultimatehandyman privacy policy

Contact

 

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

phpBB SEO