DIY Forum

Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate HandymanUltimate Handyman on Pinterest

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIRECTORY | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:23 am

Time zone: Europe/London [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:36 pm 
Newly registered Member

Hi,

I'm in the process of adding a new towel rail radiator to the heating system.
The radiator will be upstairs.
I have had a look to see if I can find the drain valve on either of the radiators downstairs and there isn't one.
However, I do have what looks like a drain valve just under the boiler beneath the pressure gauge for the system.
Would I be ok to drain the system from this point or is this drain valve for something else?
I realise that the system wouldn't drain completely as the boiler is above the radiators downstairs but I only really need to drain upstairs to cut into the pipes up there.
The boiler is a combi boiler and the system is filled from the blue tap/valve you can see in one of the pics.

Thanks for any advice,

Martyn

Attachments:
IMAG0157.jpg
IMAG0157.jpg [ 195.38 KiB | Viewed 386 times ]
IMAG0156.jpg
IMAG0156.jpg [ 175.7 KiB | Viewed 386 times ]

You may not be able to see the full post including pictures unless you register or log in

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:45 pm 

That's spot on :thumbright:

If the towel rail has a 1/2" airbleed on the top that will be the best place to add new inhibitor :wink:

As always help on here is free, however if you think you have saved a decent sum of money why not click the link to find out about the charity we're currently supporting? A couple of quid makes a real difference.

donnas-dream-house-charity-t52110.html

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]