DIY Forum

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIRECTORY | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:19 pm

Time zone: Europe/London [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:35 pm 

I'm in the process of fitting a Mira Magna power shower - it's the pumped version that takes water from my hot water cylinder.

I've got it installed to the point where it's all done apart from connecting the hot water supply to the digital mixer, that's not quite possible yet as I got the wrong fitting of Warix flange.

In order to test whether it all works I got a bucket of hot water and stuck the pipe that will eventually go to the cylinder into that.

The pump can be heard working but it only produced a small flow from the shower, then nothing, I'm wondering if this is not a valid test because the hot supply from my bucket is not under a bit of pressure as it would be once it's properly installed?

Could the mismatch in pressures be the reason it's not working at the moment? The cold feed comes from the tank in the loft about 1.5 metres above my bucket!

You may not be able to see the full post including pictures unless you register or log in

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:50 pm 

Have you followed the "Commisioning" instructions..probably not with just a bucket of water available..... :roll: :wink:

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:07 pm 

Well yes I have followed the commissioning instructions except that of course they assume you'll have the thing connected to a cylinder not dipped into a bucket!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:24 pm 

Check the literature for your model but no doubt the shower is sensing a supply failure (imbalance) and hence safety shut down, designed to prevent scolding.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]