DIY Forum

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIRECTORY | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:30 pm

Time zone: Europe/London [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:45 pm 
Newly registered Member

I have to replace my shower pump as the old one is leaking. I have two showers running off this pump, but never at the same time!
The old pump is a Stuart pump labled Monsoon 72T. It is 15 years old and there are no longer any spares. I am told by Stuart Turner that my replacement pump will be Part No.46416.

I am a DIYer. :help:
I have at this stage two questions.

1. I see on the various websites that there are two types of pump, for Negative feed or for Positive feed. It is an old house with a very tall roof space. The shower heads are both a minimum of 2 metres below the two cold water tanks. We have seperate tanks one for showers, the other for the hot water cylinder and sink and bath taps. As the tank is 2 metres above the shower head is this a Positive feed? Do I have to select a Positive Pump?

2. The pump has two impellers. So one for hot and one for cold. I have shut of taps in the copper pipes on one side of the pump. I assume that these are on the feed side? I have switched these two off and the leak has stopped. Before I remove the old pump should I run it to get rid of any water between the exit part of the pump and the shower heads?

Finally is there a DIY instruction manual for this job?

Not looking forward to doing this job!!

wejofost

You may not be able to see the full post including pictures unless you register or log in

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:24 pm 

If you get the 46416 it will be virtually a 10 minute swap over.

Instructions will come with the pump, and will be compete with flexible hoses etc.

Any water thats in the pump you'll just have to catch or mop up with towels

For this message the author thescruff has received gratitude : wejofost

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:38 pm 
Newly registered Member

OK. Thank you for the information.
I will let you know how I get on.

:salute:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]