DIY Forum

Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate HandymanUltimate Handyman on Pinterest

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice forum

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIRECTORY | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:09 am

Time zone: Europe/London

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:01 pm 
Newly registered Member

Has anyone had experince taking one of these apart?

If so then maybe you can share some information on how to, as Water and crap has gotten into the Sander and instead of just throwing it away as It costed over £100, I thought I'd strip it and clean it all out just to see if she works.

Thanks

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on Google+

You may not be able to see the full post including pictures unless you register or log in

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:46 pm 

Scu11ion wrote:
Has anyone had experince taking one of these apart?

If so then maybe you can share some information on how to, as Water and crap has gotten into the Sander and instead of just throwing it away as It costed over £100, I thought I'd strip it and clean it all out just to see if she works.

Thanks
No idea how that particular item comes to bits, but air tools are usually very simple and very reliable. Empty out what guck will run out. Use blow gun to get rid of as much as possible of the rest. Good squirt of WD 40 or similar and let soak. Connect to airline and see if there's any sign of movement. If there is, then fill up with light machine oil.

Beware -- if it starts running -- and the chances are high that it will -- then make sure it's inside a polythene bag with the end fastened tightly around the airline. The oil will go everywhere ............ :-)

Last edited by John MacLeod on Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:53 pm 
Newly registered Member

Thanks for the Advice John, and I'll rememer to bag it with a zip tie it before starting hehe.

There's a way into it, to replace any of the rings but thats the hard part trying to find out as instructions say take it apart every 3 months but don't tell you how to take it apart lol, however I've sprayed WD-40 into it and left it soak overnight and I'll pop this photo of it after as it might give people a better understanding as really want to get the rototar ring out and give it a good clean, then onto the Air Pack Wrench :-(

Thanks

Paul