DIY Forum

Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate HandymanUltimate Handyman on Pinterest

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice forum

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 11:16 am
Visit Hilti

Time zone: Europe/London [ DST ]

Post subject: Tado OpenTherm S plan
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:05 am 
Newly registered Member

Hi there,

I stumbled upon this forum while trying to find some info on wiring up my future Tado system.
My intended setup is based on boiler Viessmann Vitodens 100-W B1HA. I'm also installing Viessmann Vitocell 100-W (120 L) DHW tank.

I intend to organize and control two central heating zones wired in S plan and hot water preparation
Attachment:
File comment: System schematics
scheme.pdf [29.96 KiB]
Downloaded 1 time

Tado setup would consist of Extension Box (for HW control), Internet Bridge, 2x Smart Thermostat

Zone S: Living room, kitchen and hallway (openspace with three radiators) + three bedrooms (another three radiators). Smart Thermostat T(s) positioned in living room should control zone valve 2P(s). I may add TRV to bedrooms later on for complete control.

Zone K: Two bathrooms. Mixed underfloor heating and one radiator in each bathroom. Smart Thermostat T(k) positioned in one of the bathrooms should control zone valve 2P(k).
This setup should allow me to fine tune bathroom UFH control to enjoy warm floor in bathrooms independently and keep bathrooms at controlled higher temperature than rest of the apartment.

I want to utilize Tado and Viessmann OpenTherm capabilities to fine tune heating temperature, comfort and energy efficiency.

I'm stuck with wiring.... I have prepared generic concept based on standard S plan system wiring
Attachment:
File comment: Standard S Plan wiring
wiring.pdf [47.4 KiB]
Downloaded 2 times

I'm not sure what to do with low voltage OpenTherm connections and 220V wiring that obviously needs to go from each thermostat to corresponding zone valve? I guess each thermostat needs to be wired. Am I supposed to connect each Smart Thermostat to Extension Box?
Will I be able to separately control hot water demand?
Should I use Switched Live or Potential Free Extension Box interface?
Please try to help me out with this. It seems like good idea to me, but I'm not sure how to finalize it and have limited trust in local heating installers - I'd prefer to figure everything out before placing Tado order and organize intended S plan setup.

Beside intended scheme and generic S plan wiring I'm attaching technical documentation needed for wiring everything up:
Attachment:
File comment: Vitodens 100-W Installation and Service
Instructions

vitodens_100-b1ha_is.pdf [3.14 MiB]
Downloaded 3 times
(see p.37)
Attachment:
File comment: Tado Manual & Technical Documentation v1.1
pa_1184164.pdf [1.04 MiB]
Downloaded 1 time
(see p.8 and p.11)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on Google+