DIY Forum

Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate HandymanUltimate Handyman on Pinterest

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice forum

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:59 pm
Visit Thermo worx

Time zone: Europe/London [ DST ]

Post subject: Subwoofers
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 9:10 am 

Does anyone on here have them or use them?
My sister in law quite often moans ( actually I could just end the sentence there) that our telly is too loud but when we go round her's she insists on putting the subwoofer on to give it the "cinema sound" . To my ears it just makes it louder , bassier and almost distorting and quite unnecessary . It adds nothing to speaking parts , makes the music almost unpleasant with the low down bass and completely overplays sounds in action scenes.
That's it , that's my moan in this grumpy corner.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on Google+
 Post subject: Re: Subwoofers
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 10:42 am 

Call that a moan?

You've a lot to learn about when it comes to moaning mate :lol:

But I agree about sub woofers. Good for gaming but not much else.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 12:18 pm 

So sorry I will try to be far more miserable in future :lol: I was thinking of another grumble about king size beds being pointlessly huge but I now see I need to first hone my moaning skills. It's a pity the aforesaid sister in law doesn't sign up to this forum , she'd be able to put everyone to shame.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 3:52 pm 

tell her to learn to set her system up properly, it should be their to fill the room in the back ground, not to rattle your teeth

Perhaps she likes to sit on the sub :? :? :angryfire: :lol:

Where is some-else, now he likes a grumble and gives no Thanks

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 9:27 pm 

Grendel wrote:
So sorry I will try to be far more miserable in future :lol: I was thinking of another grumble about king size beds being pointlessly huge but I now see I need to first hone my moaning skills. It's a pity the aforesaid sister in law doesn't sign up to this forum , she'd be able to put everyone to shame.

Not a grumble.... king sized beds are great! Me and Mrs k_e have different mattress preferences so have a bed base that takes two standard singles but ends up as a bed 6ft wide! Comfort for us both and still less than a 'stroll' to get some nookie..... :wink:

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 8:01 am 

Your comments are quite close to what I was saying in an off forum conversation where the subject of king size beds came up. There are some that say the chief appeal of the size is the room it affords the user to which I said that single or separate beds would be a better option. To me the idea of sleeping with someone in the same bed is that it provides a closeness that is absent from everyday life . If they are so far away they their presence cannot be felt then makes the whole idea of sleeping together somewhat redundant , well that's how I feel about it. Some of the best nights I have had have been with two of us in a single bed and that was because of the closeness rather than any rumping and pumping :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 9:15 am 
BANNED

moaning and grumping? Amatuers!

What u want is to combine the two, a king-size bed and sub-woofer under - saves effort, just ride the ripples ....!!!!!!!

Seriously, king-size bed allows fart free and morning breath free zones but still doesn't avoid missus grabbing all the eiderdown.

I find I need subtitles on TV for most movies whatever the equaliser settings, especially for films, music and effects override the bloody talking. And documentaries - why have music background when dishing up facts? I watched some NatGeo channel crap out of boredom recently as remote was on other side of room and I couldn't be assed to get up - 30 mins boiled down to five minutes of footage constantly repeated including 'slomo' with some w*nker yank rabbiting on same stuff five times over with animal noises soundtrack in background, pure crap. But I've watched all the Attenboroughs. TV is absolute rubbish, not worth the cost of any plan unless you watch sports or enjoy your brain being pissed on and your mind being sucked out and steamrollered into paste. And what's with the monthly 19.99 connection fees in small print even if you don't watch owt? Subwoofers on a telly? come off it, you need a proper speaker cabinet and at least 10 inches to get decent sounds out (as in most things). Talk about moans ... You ain't even started in grumpiness mate. want to hera about my pension troubles, well i rang and was on hold for 45 minutes which totally destroyed Vivaldi for me, only to get some numpty couldn't understand me and cut me off when i swore at him! What is cicvil service coming to? No politeness, hide behind computers and phone lines, can't even get into an office to whack someone with me walking stick let alone a good eye to eye swearing match. Bloody bunch of poofs and wet tossers these days. And whats with BT refusing my o8 freecall number and insisting i ring using 03 and PAY. bastards. don't get me started, the back alley is full of dog crap and its bin day. Tossers didn't even empty the bin last week, bank holiday they reckon. what do they want? Massage service at lunchtime? Just empty me bloody bin, i pay me rates! Its full of broken TVs and subwoofers and smashed remote controls.

back to kingsize beds, whats with mattresses these days? special zones and foam inserts and quilted toppers. Only last a few months. mattresses used to last a lifetime and birth a family on them, turn em over in spring. Now they are single sided crap, springs still stick in yer ribs though. And pillows, don't get me started!

For this message the author jape has received gratitude : Grendel
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 3:48 pm 

Quote:
and at least 10 inches to get decent sounds out...

that's one of my wife's complaints...

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 9:22 pm 

jape wrote:
Talk about moans ... You ain't even started in grumpiness mate. !

Jape I'm in awe , you seriously are a miserable old t*at , I can but only aspire to such a performance.

For this message the author Grendel has received gratitude : jape
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 9:26 pm 

flash22 wrote:
tell her to learn to set her system up properly, it should be their to fill the room in the back ground, not to rattle your teeth

Well I mentioned to her this evening that perhaps , just perhaps , the system isn't set up quite right and she responded that it was , came with the telly , cost £800 , we have nothing in our house , I'm cut out of her will and if I split with her sister there's no chance she'll ever move in with me although I had to suppress a "woo hoo!!!!!" At the last bit.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:06 pm 
BANNED

Grendel wrote:
jape wrote:
Talk about moans ... You ain't even started in grumpiness mate. !

Jape I'm in awe , you seriously are a miserable old t*at , I can but only aspire to such a performance.

Mate, my kids spoke for years about the GOG. I thought it was some creature from a story until I realised they meant ME, Grumpy Old Git. Nice to be loved by your nearest and dearest! You'll get there, lots of practise living with my ex-missus did it for me. I'll give you her phone number if you want .... she'll have you trained up in days.

Time zone: Europe/London [ DST ]