DIY Forum

Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate HandymanUltimate Handyman on Pinterest

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice forum

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:13 pm
Visit Thermo worx

Time zone: Europe/London [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:55 pm 
Newly registered Member

cutting thumb open....... was cutting wedges flush with the stair stringers and was cutting from left to right as i am left handed.... got most of the way through dust got into my nose and sneezed and saw came through and the teeth decided to eat my thumb, didnt notice till my oppo said he could see red :oops: , also another incident i had was practicing cutting mitres for kitchen worktops, finished routering a cut and was cleaning the crap out with my finger to clear the channel, my joinery lecturer shouted my name to get my attention and as i looked at him i was still cleaning it out and cut my finger open on the work top where the cut was ( didnt realise they were sharp when they were cut ) and claret was all over the place! ::b got patched up and good as new, note to self use pencil to clear the channel and dust mask for cuts :roll:

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on Google+

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 5:08 pm 

its a bi@tch when you get distracted and hurt yourself

i have a dust extractor hooked up to my router so im 80% dust free :thumbright: the ammount of dust that flys about doing worktops is unreal.

ive cut my thumbs plenty of times on worktops mostly doing the edging srtip, hurts for a small cut :oops:

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 5:15 pm 

It's amazing how sharp an edge the router leaves on kitchen worktops. I personally hate fitting inset stainless steel sinks. Extremely sharp edges mean thousands of little cuts on my fingers. :wink: :wink:

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 5:26 pm 

and some orange diy store's rapid drive wood screws are covered in little tiny metal shards took about 30 metal splinters out of my hands last week with masking tape :cussing: (good tip though using masking tape to remove fine splinters/fibreglass)

http://www.invertedcircle.co.uk

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 5:58 pm 
Newly registered Member

may have to try that one haha

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]