DIY Forum

Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate HandymanUltimate Handyman on Pinterest

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice forum

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:21 am
Visit Thermo worx

Time zone: Europe/London

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:18 am 

Hi,

Thanks wine~o. I did the three supermarkets shopping this morning and visited Home Bargains as usual. I took along the faulty LED together with till receipt; I went straight to the checkout to explain the LED had died and I was asked if I had the original packaging? I left the LED at the checkout whilst I did my shopping and when I returned it was explained in a polite and friendly manner the reason I was asked if I had the original packaging was that it held the barcode allowing the LED to be put back through the till but if I only wanted to exchange then no problem at all so I exchanged but will now retain both the packaging and till receipt just in case? I bought a spare LED and will start upgrading to LED our other lights. :thumbleft:

Kind regards, Col.

SOME PEOPLE ARE SO POOR ALL THEY HAVE IS MONEY.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on Google+
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:05 pm 
Newly registered Member

I only buy LED bulbs now, I love that the lights can stay on and I don't have to worry about the bills.
We have 8 LED downlight in our bedroom and they pull 5watts each instead of the 50watt bulbs that came with them, Using 40 watts total instead of 400!

It's a no brainer!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:08 pm 

Hi,

The four LED's I bought to replace the R50 spotlights have now settled down and I'm happy with them; I'm currently in the process of upgrading my five fluorescent fittings in the garage to LED panels. During our twelve month long winters here on the valley side I become concerned about running the fluorescent's; fan heater and assorted machinery for hours on end due to the cost so I'm now trying to cut down on electricity consumption.

A couple of years ago I made illuminated bungalow numbers using strip LED's. The strip LED's at the top are still OK because they are shielded from the weather but the bottom strip LED's not shielded from the weather a lot of these have failed.

I tried energy efficient light bulbs and detest the things; I need to switch a light on to see if they are lit?

It's a pity there isn't a LED equivalent for a 3hp motor because there are three of these motors plus an 1/2hp motor on my Startrite combination woodworking machine?

Kind regards, Col.

SOME PEOPLE ARE SO POOR ALL THEY HAVE IS MONEY.