DIY Forum

Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate HandymanUltimate Handyman on Pinterest

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice forum

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:03 pm
Visit Thermo worx

Time zone: Europe/London [ DST ]

Post subject: Ripped off again.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm 

Hi,

Yesterday I took Bron over to Boundary Mills in Colne for her Christmas presents; one item Bron bought was a lovely Large Collar Coat-Ivory by the maker Klass this being reduced from £65 down to £55.

All appeared well until this morning when we've just visited The Mill in Batley to see the identical Klass coat at £45. I've just checked Klass's website and the coat is £45.50 including free delivery.

I've just emailed Klass to express our disappointment and to add this is hardly the way to win or retain customers? :pukeleft: :pukeleft: :pukeleft:

Boundary Mills is supposed to be a cut price retail outlet when in fact they are charging normal prices just ripping customers off. Bron likes the coat and it is worth the money but this has taken the pleasure out of buying it for her.

There will be a spare parking place in Boundary mills both at Colne and Catcliffe in future. ::b

I know it pays to shop around for best deals but we could hardly return home to compare prices the store being 40 miles away. GRRRRR.

Kind regards, Col.

SOME PEOPLE ARE SO POOR ALL THEY HAVE IS MONEY.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on Google+
 Post subject: Re: Ripped off again.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:26 pm 

The joys of an internet enabled phone col...

For this message the author getthewheelsinline has received gratitude : Retired
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:44 pm 

Or a tablet if you have one and free wi-fi at the cafe?

Sharp practice though Col. I know how you feel mate. I hate things like that myself!
I wonder if they had followed the rules about the coat having been for sale at the higher price for 28 days?

For this message the author Dave54 has received gratitude : Retired
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:24 pm 

Dave54 wrote:
I wonder if they had followed the rules about the coat having been for sale at the higher price for 28 days?

Speaking as an ex-retailer I can tell you that all they have to do to negate that "Rule" is to have it on display in one branch for 28 days (That is how the furniture retailers work around the regulation), alternatively show the original price as a "Retail recommended price" ...

Verwood Handyman

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk/

For this message the author wine~o has received thanks - 2: Dave54, Retired
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:47 pm 

Hi,

Thanks getthewheelsinline; I agree on such occasions the Internet would prove highly useful. :salute:

I don't have a tablet Dave54 in fact my mobile phone only cost me a fiver and I still don't really know how to use the thing; we seldom use our landline either. Some people though seem to have a mobile phone welded to their ear? :scratch:

Thanks for the information wine~o; as usual laws are meant to be broken?

It's not so much the money involved which is troubling us its the feeling that we've been had for a couple of idiots and not for the first time at Boundary Mills. As you rightly say Wine~o just have the item for sale in one store to cover the period; I think this must apply to the advertised "Up to 75% off" at Boundary Mills; perhaps just one item no one wants in one store? :pukeleft:

Kind regards, Col.

SOME PEOPLE ARE SO POOR ALL THEY HAVE IS MONEY.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:54 pm 

Retired wrote:
; I think this must apply to the advertised "Up to 75% off" at Boundary Mills; perhaps just one item no one wants in one store? :pukeleft:

Kind regards, Col.

Indeed..

The way I look at though is that a "Bargain" is only a bargain if you were happy with the price you paid at the time..

For instance we were in Morrisons a few weeks back, Baileys was on offer at £12 a litre (Normal price just about anywhere £20 or more)

So the Mrs. bought one. She was happy with the price.

This weekend they had the same Litre of Baileys on offer at £10. Just one of those minor annoyances in life. Do you think my Mrs. will lose any sleep over it ??

Verwood Handyman

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

For this message the author wine~o has received gratitude : Retired
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:35 pm 

I know how you feel Colin I would feel exactly the same. Have you thought seriously about a 4G phone. I bought mine with Tesco vouchers and it cost me nothing I pay £10 a month and this gives Internet access and enough calls and text to suit my needs. You can check roads, parking and prices using your phone. It puts you in charge. :thumbright:

DWD

For this message the author dewaltdisney has received gratitude : Retired
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:56 pm 

Under the Sale of Goods Act or whatever it's called now you can't return an item because you saw it cheaper elsewhere. What you should do is put a small tear in it somewhere and return it stating it's faulty. They may give you a replacement which you must accept but do the same again. At the third time you should demand a refund stating you not happy with the quality of the goods and insist on a refund then go buy the cheaper one.

It's a bit of a faff on but worth it if you're saving a few bob. I done this a few years ago and when I eventually got a refund on the more expensive item the cheaper one was out of stock :lol: :lol: :lol:

I felt a right fanny.

Last edited by Argyll on Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:34 pm 

wine~o wrote:

This weekend they had the same Litre of Baileys on offer at £10. Just one of those minor annoyances in life. Do you think my Mrs. will lose any sleep over it ??

I expect she just bought another bottle. I would :lol: :lol:

As always help on here is free, however if you think you have saved a decent sum of money why not click the link to find out about the charity we're currently supporting? A couple of quid makes a real difference.

donnas-dream-house-charity-t52110.html

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:53 pm 

Argyll wrote:
What you should do is put a small tear in it somewhere and return it stating it's faulty.

That is just downright dishonest. :? When customers think that is acceptable then it is hardly surprising that the retailers inflate their prices......

Verwood Handyman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:33 pm 

wine~o wrote:
Argyll wrote:
What you should do is put a small tear in it somewhere and return it stating it's faulty.

That is just downright dishonest. :? When customers think that is acceptable then it is hardly surprising that the retailers inflate their prices......

But surely they have already inflated their prices that's why they wish to go and buy elsewhere :?

I have absolutely no qualms whatsoever sticking it to these companies. They've been ripping us off for years.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:11 pm 

Argyll wrote:
wine~o wrote:
Argyll wrote:

But surely they have already inflated their prices that's why they wish to go and buy elsewhere :?

I have absolutely no qualms whatsoever sticking it to these companies. They've been ripping us off for years.

Yes they have been "ripping us off for years" because of other peoples dishonesty. I agree with Wine~O

Which is correct? Metre or Meter? Click the link. to find out more.

No such thing as "Thou shalt put this wire here, Thou shalt put that wire there" .............Take a picture BEFORE you do the job.

If gloom had a voice, it would be me. :mrgreen:

:idea1: How to post a picture on this forum Click here

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:16 pm 

When you buy something, no one is forcing you to buy any particular item, so if an item has a tag that says was this now that, it is up to the potential buyer to decide if you want to buy it or not, just because an item says was this now that does not make it a "Bargain"
I am always have to tell my other half this information, and to look around before you buy anything. She often says yes but it was reduced by £x But I always have to ask was it really £xx often the answer is no.

Buyer beware.

Which is correct? Metre or Meter? Click the link. to find out more.

No such thing as "Thou shalt put this wire here, Thou shalt put that wire there" .............Take a picture BEFORE you do the job.

If gloom had a voice, it would be me. :mrgreen:

:idea1: How to post a picture on this forum Click here

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:24 pm 
Wood Flooring Installer

Bloody hell Col. A full on boycott for the sake of £9.50. That sort of thing happens everywhere mate.

Price fluctuations. You should never walk in a retail (or wholesale for that matter) outlet with the assumption that every item is going to be cheaper that anywhere else. Some you win, some you lose :thumbleft: You may well pick up some killer deals there in the future. You've just got to be on your guard a little :-)

Them interweb phones can be pretty handy. Although, always check the delivery charges before being drawn in by cheaper prices :wink: - unless they have a store and/or collection point..

As for the tag, well, that's just marketing b*llox..

Squeakyfloorsolution.co.uk

>>>>>> Manchester based wood floor installers <<<<<<

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:33 pm 

I purchased a car camera from Halfords, a week later in the same store it was 50quid cheaper ::b