DIY Forum

Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate HandymanUltimate Handyman on Pinterest

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice forum

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:55 am
Visit Thermo worx

Time zone: Europe/London [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: phone batteries
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:49 pm 
diesel demon

the batteries in the walkabout home phones had got to the stage where they wouldn't hold enough charge for a 20 min conversation. took the back off & it had 2 AAA rechargables "no problem" says I, I can get those from work, fitted new batteries & nothing :scratch: , even tried other batteries & still nothing.
It was only after putting the old & new batteries side by side that I noticed they were slightly different, the old batteries were about 1mm shorter in the body & about 1mm longer on the + terminal so with the new ones weren't making contact. A wee tweek with the screwdriver to the contact strips & Roberts you mother's brother, new batteries working just dandy :thumbright:

I have a soft spot for the wife, it's a peat bog just outside Ardross

Still Yes Highland

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on Google+

Post subject: Re: phone batteries
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:30 pm 
Pro Carpenter

mines takes 2 batteries
i have installed 2.6ah batteries i charge them for 10-12 hours every 5 days on the base station
this saves having unesisesery transformers plugged in they last for several hours and never had one run out off power

in other words the 3 phones are cycled through the base station with another phone charged every other day so instead off 3 handsets on charge all the time its one every other day

Post subject: Re: phone batteries
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:39 pm 

I've just ordered some new AA rechargeables today: reading the reviews of them a couple of people mentioned that the newer ones are a little larger than their old ones - in some cases this made them a very tight fit in the appliance.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]