DIY Forum


Ultimate HandymanUltimate Handyman on Pinterest


DIY Forum/Home improvement advice forum




It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 8:11 am

Time zone: Europe/London [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:53 am 
Newly registered Member

Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:17 am
Posts: 39
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 0 times
The adjoining property (terrace houses) is causing a damp patch bang in the middle of the communal wall...after visiting my next door neighbour we realized their bathroom was the cause - tiles installed on the wall without proper backing - not to mention the bathroom has no windows and vents are installed on the ceiling (not the roof) so the vapour from the bathroom is released in the loft area (which I sealed for obvious reasons).
After years of polite notices the company who own the house still refuses to do a proper job to rectify the problem except for instructing their tenants to be more sensible when using the bath tub or similar (clearly after some complaining I noticed some mild improvements but then the problem returns later on causing moulds smells and all the nastiness associated by I bought a dehumidifier and air purifier (with associated extra energy costs).

Now, being tired of being ignored after years of complaining (they simply don't care) I've decided to take more drastic measures - after a bit of research I've found out about "party wall surveyors" but apparently these only act to monitor building works initiated by the owner (me) but the source of the problem is next, is there a way I can engage party wall surveyors to impose works needed in the adjoining property? (e.g. installation of aqua panels) and forcing the offending party to foot the bill too?

Maybe it is just wishful thinking....any suggestion appreciated.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on Delicious
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:18 pm 
Senior Member

Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:36 am
Posts: 817
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 138 times
call a party wall surveyor specialistor any other RICS an get an opinion. any investigator would have to be qualified an prove the damp is coming from next door

Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 



Similar topics

Time zone: Europe/London [ DST ]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Visit Solent plastics




News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
ultimatehandyman privacy policy



Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group