DIY Forum

Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate HandymanUltimate Handyman on Pinterest

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice forum

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIRECTORY | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:21 pm

Time zone: Europe/London [ DST ]

News News of TOOL FORUM

Site map of TOOL FORUM » Forum : TOOL FORUM

[ Total topics 3185 Go to page 1 ... 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180 ... 319

Post subject: Trend T10 30mm guide bush. Good for worktops or not?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:15 pm 
Hi, this is my first post as im new to the forum. Ive recntly brought a trend T10 router from a friend. its brand new hes had it years and just never used it. Currently i have a makita router where the 30m guide bush fits into a specific slot that is then locked in place be retactable pins. The T10 however is fixxed into posistion by just two screws. Im worried that if i ...

Read more : Trend T10 30mm guide bush. Good for worktops or not? | Views : 1599 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Tool Talk

Post subject: Makita MLS100 Mitre saw. Cutting depth/width question
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:12 am 
HI, I'm wanting to purchase the Makita mitre saw, as it gets very good reviews, but the cutting depth of 75 and width 130 is a bit shy for the job in mind (cutting 6" x 2" solftwood) I read somewhere about increasing these parameters slightly by using "a packer" I think it was called. Can anyone help me with this - or suggest an method (please keep it simple). I think the suggestion was ...

Read more : Makita MLS100 Mitre saw. Cutting depth/width question | Views : 1731 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Tool Talk

Post subject: cheepy chopsaw
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:40 pm 
http://www.screwfix.com/p/direct-power- ... 1285252728

30 quid! you could have that just for cutting plaster coving! :lol:

Read more : cheepy chopsaw | Views : 1669 | Replies : 17 | Forum : Bargain Tools

Post subject: Have a bit of problem with new drill
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:55 pm 
While setting it up, the joint became disconnected and it won't reconnect. It's a Black and Decker 14.4v hammer drill EPC148VBA.

I've spoken to B&D and their repairs department who suggest sending it away to be looked at or returning it to the store. However one of the guys suggested this model might just be like that and not a fault however before that he also said it should revert back on different settings so ...

Read more : Have a bit of problem with new drill | Views : 948 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Tool Talk

Post subject: Tile Cutter thingamejig
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:21 pm 
Hi

I'm looking for a tile cutter, I have a conservatory floor to do, and maybe a bathroom, so not a huge amount of tiling to do so dont need a pro version...

Read more : Tile Cutter thingamejig | Views : 876 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Tool Talk

Post subject: Refurbished Karcher Pressure Washers
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:46 pm 
Looking for a washer and found a website called - Karcher Outlet - Managed for Kärcher by JMS Janitorial Supplies Ltd
They are offering refurbished Karcher pressure washers with 6 months warranty and an option to add a further 6 months.

Anybody know if the washers they sell are reliable?
Is Karcher Outlet reliable, or should they be avoided?

Read more : Refurbished Karcher Pressure Washers | Views : 2155 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Tool Talk

Post subject: Pressure washer problems
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:48 pm 
My Nilfisk C-120 packed in. It wouldn't switch on, so I returned it to Screwfix. Nothing happened so after 3 weeks I called today and the lady at the other end send she was refunding my money and immediately emailed me a refund invoice.
Fair enough, but now I have to look for a replacement.

Going through the endless list of possibles, I like th elook of the Wolf 200 BAR Power Washer - Big ...

Read more : Pressure washer problems | Views : 839 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tool Talk

Post subject: can multi master cut screws?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:29 pm 
i am thinking of buying a multimaster (fein,bosch...i have not decided which type). i understand it can cut nails but what about screws? is there a special blade for this?

Read more : can multi master cut screws? | Views : 689 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Tool Talk

Post subject: Drill advice
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:08 pm 
:dunno:
I`m a complete novice to DIY so some advice on drills would really be appreciated. I need a lightweight drill (why are they so heavy??) to tackle jobs including hanging heavy pictures/drilling masonry to attach frame for garden climbers etc. Need guidance on whether I need just a drill or a hammer drill (have no idea what that means, it just comes up in advertising) Imagine ...

Read more : Drill advice | Views : 679 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Tool Talk

Post subject: Router table and table saw
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:54 pm 
I'm looking for a router table and a table saw and have a budget of about £200 for each.

For the table saw I was thinking of this one
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RYOBI-ETS1525SC-T ... 3203519595

And for the router table, this one because I like the fact its got a height adjuster wheel rather than having to reach underneath to the router to adjust.

Read more : Router table and table saw | Views : 2662 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Tool Talk

[ Total topics 3185 Go to page 1 ... 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180 ... 319

Last 10 active topics

Painting & Decorating Forum

No new posts Which paint?
View the latest post
No new posts Mirka handy kit
View the latest post

WELCOME

No new posts Hi from new member Col.
View the latest post

Central Heating & Boilers

No new posts What size Pressure Vessel
View the latest post

Tool Talk

No new posts Carbon brushes
View the latest post

The Lounge

No new posts Oops!
View the latest post
No new posts extraordinary!
View the latest post

Tiling Forum

No new posts Adhesive for ceramic tiles on plywood tabletop
View the latest post

Carpentry/Joinery Forum

No new posts For Somapop - that's not a trammel, THIS is a trammel....
View the latest post
No new posts bevel a plank
View the latest post

Login

Username:   Password:   Log me on automatically each visit  

Statistics

Statistics

Total posts 652395 | Total topics 77031 | Total members 37224

News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
ultimatehandyman privacy policy

Contact