DIY Forum

Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate HandymanUltimate Handyman on Pinterest

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice forum

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIRECTORY | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:23 am

Time zone: Europe/London [ DST ]

News News of TOOL FORUM

Site map of TOOL FORUM » Forum : TOOL FORUM

[ Total topics 3069 Go to page 1 ... 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180 ... 307

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:16 pm 
i have an old belle minimix with a perfect drum and motor. i recently replaced the gearbox oilseals and bearings and now the pinion gear has totally worn (wont engage properly with the worm gear.). this is the old cast iron gearbox and i can only see parts listed for the later aluminium ones. does anyone know if the later ali ones will fit? ie, drum spindle, and if the later worm and pinion gear ...

Read more : belle electric minimix | Views : 332 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Tool Talk

Post subject: Laser Level advice needed
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:50 pm 
I'm looking to buy a laser level. I borrowed a cheap one recently and found that it was useful once I get it levelled up, but getting it level in the first place was a nightmare.

I'm curious about these self-levelling laser levels. When they say that they are self-levelling, do they mean just that the line drawn on the wall is level, or do they mean that the line is also horizontal with respect ...

Read more : Laser Level advice needed | Views : 595 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Tool Talk

Post subject: im350 paslode framing gun sometimes wont fire
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:07 am 
my mates framing gun sometimes doesnt fire. it has plenty gas. and full charged battery. but sometimes when i press it onto the work nothing happens. it might do this a few times. then fire, be ok for 10 or 20 goes, and go back to not firing again for a few goes. i smell the gas. the fan comes on. it even does this if i try it the once, then give the fan ...

Read more : im350 paslode framing gun sometimes wont fire | Views : 5788 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Tool Talk

Post subject: AEG cordless drill battery
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:05 pm 
hello guys i am being given an AEG cordless 18v drill BS18X-R model but i need to buy a battery and charger as my mate is keeping the charger etc (obviously) for his drill can anyone give me a heads up about best place to buy and average price i should expect to pay..???? many thanks

Read more : AEG cordless drill battery | Views : 612 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Tool Talk

Post subject: Interesting tools from the Yanks
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:09 pm 
Whilst looking for reviews on Makita LXT circ saws I came across this American site with a few interesting tools:

http://toolguyd.com/2010/09/craftsman-ratcheting-elbow-wrenches-review-update/
http://toolguyd.com/2010/09/wiha-measure-up-screwdrivers-review/
http://toolguyd.com/2010/10/nupla-handi-hammer-as-handy-a-hammer-as-claimed/

And BTW, the difference between the BSS610 and BSS611 Makita circ saws is that the 610 has a brake and an LED work light whereas the 611 doesn't.

Read more : Interesting tools from the Yanks | Views : 417 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Tool Talk

Post subject: Halfords Advanced Professional 150 piece Socket/Ratchet Set
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:46 pm 
Thanks to cannyfix it for pointing me to halfords, just found this bargain at half price-

dead link removed

The Halfords Advanced Professional 150 piece Socket/Ratchet Set is the ideal set for any DIY enthusiast or professional to maintain your car, bike or for general everyday jobs. It is made from professional quality chrome vanadium steel and comes with a Lifetime Guarantee. The set contains both metric and AF sockets, along with different size drives, ...

Read more : Halfords Advanced Professional 150 piece Socket/Ratchet Set | Views : 1365 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Bargain Tools

Post subject: Millwaukee 18v battery drill
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:15 pm 
Must be the best drill in the world:

dave

Read more : Millwaukee 18v battery drill | Views : 301 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Tool Talk

Post subject: Stanley Fatmax Open Tote
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:21 pm 
Just back from B&Q, where I picked up a Fatmax 18" open tote:
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?a ... egories%3C{9392071}&fh_search=fatmax&fh_refview=search&ts=1293549723700&isSearch=false

It was marked up as 19.98 on clearance, which didn't show up on the tills, but they let me have it anyway. Might be worth checking out if you're in there anyway (marked on an aisle end, but not where they were supposed to be)

Read more : Stanley Fatmax Open Tote | Views : 542 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Bargain Tools

Post subject: Ryobi switch
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:52 am 
Can anyone out there tell me where I can get a switch for my RYOBI L175 planer. The number on the switch is FA3-4

Read more : Ryobi switch | Views : 1037 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Tool Talk

Post subject: Makita 10.8v kit
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:27 am 
I know some of you have the 10.8v twin set (drill/driver and impact).

The buggers have released a torch and a mini circular saw that uses the same battery...but only in America. Why not here!!! :cussing:

Read more : Makita 10.8v kit | Views : 1844 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Tool Talk

[ Total topics 3069 Go to page 1 ... 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180 ... 307

Last 10 active topics

Plumbing Forum

No new posts Overflow pipe replacement -or what is it?
View the latest post
No new posts Standard height of pipes
View the latest post

Carpentry/Joinery Forum

No new posts wardrobe design generator?
View the latest post

Painting & Decorating Forum

No new posts I can't get used to these acrylic paints...
View the latest post

The Lounge

No new posts 10-10 till we do it again!!
View the latest post

WELCOME

No new posts New member
View the latest post
No new posts Hi, everyone
View the latest post
No new posts Hey people
View the latest post

General DIY forum

No new posts Craftsman Quality Lockers
View the latest post
No new posts fao lockie
View the latest post

Login

Username:   Password:   Log me on automatically each visit  

Statistics

Statistics

Total posts 637573 | Total topics 75512 | Total members 36415

News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
ultimatehandyman privacy policy

Contact

phpBB SEO