DIY Forum

Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate HandymanUltimate Handyman on Pinterest

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice forum

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIRECTORY | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Thu May 26, 2016 3:42 am

Time zone: Europe/London [ DST ]

News News of TOOL FORUM

Site map of TOOL FORUM » Forum : TOOL FORUM

[ Total topics 3461 Go to page 1 ... 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180 ... 347

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:15 pm 
just been looking about for what to buy for the coming winter. ive chucked out the ski wear stuff i got from aldi last winter as it wasnt particularly good lol.

can anyone recomend anything? ive been looking at the snickers base layer stuff. anything else?

Read more : thermal work wear | Views : 775 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Tool Talk

Post subject: ryobi SW-104TPV
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:28 pm 
I need a user manual for my ryobi sw-104tpv laser calculater

Read more : ryobi SW-104TPV | Views : 1478 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Power Tool Manuals

Post subject: Air compressor question
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:16 pm 
I am currently putting together a compressor made of the following parts:
Clarke cast iron 14cfm pump / max 1180 rpm / 3/4" bore(1" BSP thread dia.) outlet / flywheel 320mm total dia.
Clarke 3hp 2800rpm motor / Small pulley 127 total dia. /
50 Litre tank / 10mm bore(3/4" BSP thread dia) inlet / Max 15 Bar .
16A pressure relief valve / switch
Pump 8 Bar safety valve
Tank 12 Bar safety valve ...

Read more : Air compressor question | Views : 898 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Tool Talk

Post subject: Best 3 in 1 detector
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:05 am 
HI ALL

Please can anyone advise me of the best 3 in 1 detector ? Most reviews are so mixed its seems like a minefield . I'm looking to pay up to about £30 for one to detect studs, pipes and live wires behind my plasterboard walls . I'm also in the market for a good voltage detector pen, any advice on either of these items would be very much appreciated

Read more : Best 3 in 1 detector | Views : 5002 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Tool Talk

Post subject: Looks OK For a DIYer
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:56 pm 
4 Piece Cordless Tool Gift Set £40 from ALDI on Sunday 6th Nov.

dave

Read more : Looks OK For a DIYer | Views : 940 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Bargain Tools

Post subject: Which laser?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:42 pm 
Hi all, I'm a carpenter/joiner by trade and up until recently I've been using a cheap line laser for stud partitions, kitchen fits and tiling, but it's given up the ghost and I'm looking to replace it.
Been considering the dewalt DW087K and also the Leica L2 Plus, anyone used either of these.....any thoughts on which is the better unit? The main uses would be as above, I also do quite a bit of shopfitting ...

Read more : Which laser? | Views : 1764 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Tool Talk

Post subject: So there i was.....
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:54 pm 
Sat at the lights being blinded by the brake lights from the Mercedes in front :lol: ,nothings moving because the traffics stationary on the other side of the lights so I decided to look down at the kerb,so there i was counting cig butts when i spotted this lying in the gutter
Dead link images removed - RichAndo

no damage whats so ever ...

Read more : So there i was..... | Views : 888 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Tool Talk

Post subject: passlode finishing gun making a dodgy noise.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:24 pm 
my gun occasionally sounds as though it has something caught in the fan. a kind of rattling sound. just started doing it today.

i cleaned out the filter on the top of the gun just incase. with passlode cleaner.

i found out that if i tap the side of the gun with my hand when it makes this noise that it then stops. and the fan just runs as normal.

it also stops it if ...

Read more : passlode finishing gun making a dodgy noise. | Views : 1207 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Tool Talk

Post subject: mitre saw under £100 reccomendations please
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:34 pm 
hi
looking for a reasonable quality mitre saw for under £100 if poss
only thing i need for certain is to be able to cut pieces of wood up to 220mm wide and around 75mm deep.
will mostly be used for straight cuts so alternatives to mitre saw might be ok too.
don't need it to last forever just got a few projects on the go for the next few months.
any advice welcome
thanks ...

Read more : mitre saw under £100 reccomendations please | Views : 1589 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Tool Talk

Post subject: Security torx Bits
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:45 pm 
I just bought this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260849837841?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 precision screwdriver set to try and fix my xbox controller and a couple of a mate, as it said security bits. It came to day and I made the mistake of thinkg that the security bits that where said would be security torx but there not there like the triangle and things. My question do you know a precision set with security torx bits aswell as these other security bits. ...

Read more : Security torx Bits | Views : 816 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Tool Talk

[ Total topics 3461 Go to page 1 ... 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180 ... 347

Last 10 active topics

Painting & Decorating Forum

No new posts Painting over nails??
View the latest post
No new posts 18" roller frame that works?
View the latest post

Carpentry/Joinery Forum

No new posts cheapest strip wod
View the latest post

General DIY forum

No new posts Non payer! what to do
View the latest post
No new posts Getting safety prescription glasses
View the latest post

Bargain Tools

No new posts Evolution Saw stand
View the latest post
No new posts Aldi Workwear and tools Sunday 10.1.16
View the latest post

Computers

No new posts Curios about an ipad
View the latest post

Electric Forum UK

No new posts Draw off Isolator in meter box
View the latest post

Tool Talk

No new posts cordless planer
View the latest post

Login

Username:   Password:   Log me on automatically each visit  

Statistics

Statistics

Total posts 686743 | Total topics 80972 | Total members 38915

News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
ultimatehandyman privacy policy

Contact