DIY Forum

Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate HandymanUltimate Handyman on Pinterest

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice forum

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:09 pm
Visit Oakey Sandpapers and Abrasives

Time zone: Europe/London

News News of TOOL FORUM

Site map of TOOL FORUM » Forum : TOOL FORUM

[ Total topics 3600 Go to page 1 ... 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180 ... 360

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:19 pm 
Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend any rigger boots, seem to go through them (and my socks) at a frightening rate.

Cheers,
SSM

Read more : Rigger Boots | Views : 5914 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Hand tool reviews

Post subject: miter pull saw and stand expires 24/2/2012
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:06 pm 
£200 looks good to me valid 1 week
http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-ax ... nt=package

Read more : miter pull saw and stand expires 24/2/2012 | Views : 838 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Bargain Tools

Post subject: HSS-G Drill Bits
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:51 pm 
What is the difference between a HSS and a HSS-G as I've just bought a couple of dewalt extreme 2 HSS-G drill bits as I need to drill out a bolt and the cheap ones I have just kept breaking and getting shorter, are HSS-G the same as just HSS bits or have I got the wrong ones. Thanks in advance

Read more : HSS-G Drill Bits | Views : 9905 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Tool Talk

Post subject: minimum useful impact energy / power for SDS chisel action?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:10 am 
As I've started considering SDS hammer drills I have begun to wonder about the effectiveness of the chisel action and how the drill power and impact energy stated in manufacturers' specifications really affect the performance? I'm only considering SDS drills with impact energy in the 1.7J - 2.7J range.

At the moment the particular job I have in mind is chasing cables, so I'm thinking about cutting 10mm-20mm deep channels into breeze block: would the ...

Read more : minimum useful impact energy / power for SDS chisel action? | Views : 4079 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Tool Talk

Post subject: Jigsaw - Dewalt or Makita ?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:40 pm 
Hi

Been meaning to buy a new one for MONTHS, like both the Makita 4350FCT and the Dewalt DW331K ?

Which is better ?

Read more : Jigsaw - Dewalt or Makita ? | Views : 3832 | Replies : 19 | Forum : Tool Talk

Post subject: DIY/Home use Air Compressor recommendation request.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:33 pm 
Hi all,

I've received some good advice here in the past (largely searching other posts) so was wondering if someone could help me understand what I need.

I'm after an air compressor of some sort for small DIY (usually motorcycle related) tasks such as inflating tyres (and anything else inflatable), drying smaller bike parts (like ignition lock) and things such as pushing seized pistons out of brake callipers. Apparently they come in really handy for ...

Read more : DIY/Home use Air Compressor recommendation request. | Views : 673 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tool Talk

Post subject: Evolution Twister 1100W Mixer 230V
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:52 pm 
I was on a job, using my Evolution Twister 1100W Mixer 230V, mixing the gear on full speed there was a power cut in the property. When I returned to the drill after turning the electrics back on my drill wouldn't turn back on? Does anyone know what I can do about this or if anything? or do i face facts and buy a new one? all help would be greatly received!

Read more : Evolution Twister 1100W Mixer 230V | Views : 925 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Tool Talk

Post subject: Which 10.8v kit?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:26 am 
With my trusty Dewalt finally giving up the ghost I've decided to downsize to some of these little upstarts. The choice looks like Bosch, Makita, DeWalt and the cheaper Hitatchi stuff. My gut is to go for bosh due to compact size and range of kit avaliable. I'll be going for a drill & impact driver twin pack initially.

Would like to get some advice and feedback from people's experience with the different brand's kit. ...

Read more : Which 10.8v kit? | Views : 6489 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Tool Talk

Post subject: Parkside spares
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:21 pm 
My Father in law - a very helpful retired sparkie, has been given an electric woodsaw from a similarly retired gentleman to repair. On inspection it needs new brushes and he is struggling to find a source (possibly because he calls the internet the webnet...)? The make is parkside - which unless I'm wrong is the make Lidl's sells - and there's nowt wrong with a lot of their gear. But because it's so cheap ...

Read more : Parkside spares | Views : 8521 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Hand tool reviews

Post subject: 2kg sds drills
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:46 pm 
following the death of my trusty old elu 2kg 3 mode sds drill im going to get a replacement.

the old drill was used for all kinds over its near 20 year life span. drilling for damp proof courses. wall tie replacement and obv other standard stuff. needs to be a decent long lasting drill.

looking at makita, bosch or dewalt.

anyone got opinions as to which one? the old one had a reverse function ...

Read more : 2kg sds drills | Views : 2519 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Tool Talk

[ Total topics 3600 Go to page 1 ... 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180 ... 360

Last 10 active topics

General DIY forum

No new posts Van theft
View the latest post
No new posts What are you preferred decking screws?
View the latest post
No new posts scratch mark on acrylic plastic/plexiglas
View the latest post
No new posts Decking spacing
View the latest post

Tiling Forum

No new posts dot & dab aquapanel/ direct bond Aquapanel
View the latest post

Plumbing Forum

No new posts how to terminate a MDPE water main inside a house
View the latest post

Carpentry/Joinery Forum

No new posts 2.5m Long Floating Shelf
View the latest post

Building Forum

No new posts Glazing critical location
View the latest post
No new posts buying a house without exterior wall insulation?
View the latest post

Electric Forum UK

No new posts New Bathroom Extract Fan
View the latest post

Login

Username:   Password:   Log me on automatically each visit  

Statistics

Statistics

Total posts 703313 | Total topics 81134 | Total members 39959

News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
ultimatehandyman privacy policy

Contact