DIY Forum

Ultimate HandymanUltimate Handyman on Pinterest

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice forum

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:23 am

Time zone: Europe/London

News News of Damp Proofing and Remedial problems

Site map of Damp Proofing and Remedial problems » Forum : Damp Proofing and Remedial problems

This Forum is for all questions relating to Rising damp, Penetrating Damp, Basement Drainage, Cracked Masonry and Wall tie replacement.

[ Total topics 1403 Go to page 1 ... 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139 ... 141

Post subject: How to repair electro-osmosis wire please
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:53 pm 
Hello my hubby 'accidently' kango hammered the electro-osmosis wire buried in the wall - any one out there know how to repair it please? :help:
:scratch: poor old house is damp enough without this happening..... :cb thanks....

Read more : How to repair electro-osmosis wire please | Views : 1155 | Replies : 2

Post subject: Outside crack in wall
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:25 am 
Howdy..
Just moved into a new house which is roughly 350 years old.. maybe more. There's a bit of work that needs doing but nothing essential, just patching really.

The outside wall, which is probably a foot and a half thick has a crack running in it. Its not a massive crack and doesn't seem to be coming from anywhere (i.e. from the ground or previous work). The crack hasn't increased in size for some ...

Read more : Outside crack in wall | Views : 964 | Replies : 1

Post subject: kitchen floor
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:33 am 
I have a fifth floor flat that has sound proofing floor. I also had a slow leak from the washing machine. We fixed the leak - didn't think about the floor. Then I replaced the floor from vynyl to vynyl adding in a layer of hardboard. At this point we noticed dampness - on the advice of the flooring company we left it to dry for a week with nothing on it. The new floor ...

Read more : kitchen floor | Views : 833 | Replies : 2

Post subject: Damp Kitchen Wall - Need a little advice
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:48 pm 
Over the past week I've ripped out the horrible old kitchen, and this weekend, taken all the old knackered plaster back to bare brick. The kitchen wall to the garden (see photos) showed signs of damp, and when I hacked off the plaster, revealed some kind of old ribbed bitumen sheeting pinned all the way across the external wall and 1 metre along each adjoining walls. (The outside of this wall rarely gets the full ...

Read more : Damp Kitchen Wall - Need a little advice | Views : 7286 | Replies : 15

Post subject: Damp in Third Floor Flat
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:02 am 
We have a problem with "blown" plaster/paint on the inside of all exterior walls in a Victorian stone house converted into flats 4 yrs ago. Trouble is we are on the top (third) floor and any exterior remedial/inspection work would require scaffolding. Expensive. A surveyor has looked at it from the ground and has said stonework/pointing looks to be in good condition. All walls were replastered and painted during the conversions. Effected walls first turned ...

Read more : Damp in Third Floor Flat | Views : 1275 | Replies : 4

Post subject: Exterior Rendering to the ground?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:33 pm 
Hello everybody, I've just joined your forum after a Google search for 'Rendering bridging damp course' brought me to your site. I read the question regarding exterior rendering and dpc with interest because my rendering at the sides and the back of the house goes right down to the ground, the front of the house has been covered with Fife stone blocks which come down roughly to where I think the dpc is and then ...

Read more : Exterior Rendering to the ground? | Views : 1934 | Replies : 2

Post subject: Penetrating Damp
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:57 am 
The west facing wall of my 1960s brick-built chalet bungalow shows some signs of damp inside at various levels. External inspection doesn't show anything obvious, but I guess it's almost certainly rain penetration as it's highly exposed to prevailing wind and rain. The wall has cavity insulation, so it could be some problem with that. I first noticed it when I first moved about 7 years ago, and had the external wall sprayed with some ...

Read more : Penetrating Damp | Views : 1007 | Replies : 1

Post subject: condensation problem
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:20 pm 
Hi all,
This is my first post hope someone can help have read several topics and the advice is excellent.
Have just purchased a terraced property and have been advised that the damp patches on several walls are down to condensation.
The house has had a DPC done it would appear twice previously, the surveyor explained about salt in the re plaster attracting moisture he advised knocking off the plaster and replastering using washed sand ...

Read more : condensation problem | Views : 1427 | Replies : 9

Post subject: new back door step
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:26 pm 
i am going to put a step outside my back door as at te moment the bottom of the door is about 18inches above the patio, i am going to do using concrete but i want put some kind of damp seal between the new step and the bricks of the house,
What am i best using
cheers jason

Read more : new back door step | Views : 1667 | Replies : 9

Post subject: need to fill gap between upvc window & brick wall
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:44 pm 
hi
i have used up last few days of my holiday to sort out the gaps between the upvc windows and wall (internal)
Using a flat screw driver i have tried to make a even space around the frame. However i am not sure on what to use to fill the gap. I would appreciate some advice on this please.
Also in a few of the corners are rather large holes that need filling. What ...

Read more : need to fill gap between upvc window & brick wall | Views : 3762 | Replies : 3

[ Total topics 1403 Go to page 1 ... 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139 ... 141

Last 10 active topics

Painting & Decorating Forum

No new posts Painting and Decorating Certificate Mandatory?
View the latest post
No new posts Convincing decorator to use waterbed paint...
View the latest post

WELCOME

No new posts LED lighting products retailer in Southampton
View the latest post
No new posts How do!
View the latest post

Central Heating & Boilers

No new posts boiler replacement and expansion vessels
View the latest post
No new posts Baxi 600 programmer issue
View the latest post
No new posts Grasslin 2 port motorised valve
View the latest post

Lighting

No new posts Switch + dimmer
View the latest post

Building Forum

No new posts eaves fillers
View the latest post

Plumbing Forum

No new posts Cistern not filling up - what is this broken rubber bit?
View the latest post

Login

Username:   Password:   Log me on automatically each visit  

Statistics

Statistics

Total posts 775434 | Total topics 90647 | Total members 45319

News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
ultimatehandyman privacy policy

Contact