DIY Forum

Ultimate HandymanUltimate Handyman on Pinterest

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice forum

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Wed May 22, 2019 12:48 pm

Time zone: Europe/London [ DST ]

News News of Damp Proofing and Remedial problems

Site map of Damp Proofing and Remedial problems » Forum : Damp Proofing and Remedial problems

This Forum is for all questions relating to Rising damp, Penetrating Damp, Basement Drainage, Cracked Masonry and Wall tie replacement.

[ Total topics 1408 Go to page 1 ... 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138 ... 141

Post subject: creamy dpc hire,whos best /cheapest??
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:05 pm 
i put a cream based dpc in a frends house last year,he hired the dispenser gun and ceam from brandon hire but they dont appear(on their website) to do it anymore now i need it for my own house! would anybody know wheres best to hire it it from and which cream is best?

Read more : creamy dpc hire,whos best /cheapest?? | Views : 5521 | Replies : 10

Post subject: penetrating damp?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:50 pm 
Hello
Im sure this has been posted lots of times so my apologies for repeating myself.

I am looking to buy a house, however there seems to be a damp problem in the downstairs, the house has been fully refurbed recently , however there are damp patches on walls in the two front rooms, these are on both internal and external walls and at various levels, the house is a 1930's terrace. The house also ...

Read more : penetrating damp? | Views : 957 | Replies : 2

Post subject: Damp, Damp, and more Damp..........
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:42 pm 
Thanks for a great forum guys and gals. I have read a lot of the threads and gained some valuable insight.

My question is this.

I have a terraced house, I obviously have condensation issues judging by what I have read but in the winter the front and back interior walls downstairs have a black stain like mould rising to approx 8ft by the windows. We have had double glazing fitted about four years ago ...

Read more : Damp, Damp, and more Damp.......... | Views : 1065 | Replies : 3

Post subject: Why is dry insulation still hazardous when previously wet ?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:13 pm 
10 years ago we buyed a house that had suffered some waterdamage.

We renewed the roof, but didn't pay attention to some relative small spots on our ceiling where water obviously must have leaked through.

Now the communal health inspector orders us to replace all insulation that's infected with microbes.(our ceiling insulation consists of sawdust and shavings)

No test for presence of hazardous microbic excretions have been performed though.

The assumption is primarily based on ...

Read more : Why is dry insulation still hazardous when previously wet ? | Views : 773 | Replies : 2

Post subject: DIY Rising Damp
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:55 pm 
I want to cure the rising damp in my house with a Chemical Damp Proof. In the DIY book I have the images all mlook like there drilling into the mortor. Yet all holes I see on real houses are drilled into the brick! Does it matter where i drill cuz obviously drilling into motor would be a stack easier, which makes me wonder y others havent!

Cheers

Dan

Read more : DIY Rising Damp | Views : 1019 | Replies : 2

Post subject: Damp in a Small Cupboard
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:25 pm 
I have a small cupboard in my hall which has both hot and cold water pipes leading into the bathrooms. Condensation from these pipes has created some damp in the cupboard. Can someone advise on the best way to treat this in the first instance and then how to prevent it from re-occurring.

Read more : Damp in a Small Cupboard | Views : 963 | Replies : 1

Post subject: Dehumidifiers? which ones best??
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:55 am 
The title says it all really, the bungalow I'm in at present is full of it!

The central heating is close to useless, the hater in my van is better!

Any way, I'm thinking about this jobbie http://www.airandwatercentre.com/store/SEURLF/ASP/SFS/PID.692/CID.4/AID./SFE/productdetails.htm What do we reckon?

Read more : Dehumidifiers? which ones best?? | Views : 1165 | Replies : 7

Post subject: Condensation - Garage metal roof sheets
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:38 am 
Hi all,
I have a garage/gym :boxing: at the end of the garden (6m square) i have 2 problems.

1st. The metal sheet roof has condensation which then drips all over the floor inside - is there something i can cover the inside roof to stop the air getting to the cold roof causing the condensation :scratch: ?.

2nd ...

Read more : Condensation - Garage metal roof sheets | Views : 20177 | Replies : 5

Post subject: window frame and plaster question
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:24 pm 
Mornin :hello2:
Please bear with me, this could be long!

Some background. The house is circa 1860. It is pretty solidly built but not from an era where damp proof courses were added. The walls are solid (ie no cavity) and thick. The floor is wooden, with quite a large space underneath before you get to earth. It has horse hair plaster of course!

the plaster around ...

Read more : window frame and plaster question | Views : 2233 | Replies : 4

Post subject: Heat recovery unit reviews??
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:36 pm 
My pre war 2 bed bungalow suffers from Condensation, mostly in the morning. Ive tried the usual things including dehumidifiers which although collect plenty of water do not stop the condensation. Average humidity is 73% - 80%. As a last resort ive been looking at a loft mounted heat exchanger/ventilator. Obviously the manufacturers all give good write ups but i would like to hear from someone whose actually got or had experience with one and ...

Read more : Heat recovery unit reviews?? | Views : 3957 | Replies : 2

[ Total topics 1408 Go to page 1 ... 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138 ... 141

Last 10 active topics

Painting & Decorating Forum

No new posts order to hang paper
View the latest post
No new posts Valspar and Dulux Retail wb stain
View the latest post

Electric Forum UK

No new posts Are the new regulations for real?
View the latest post

The Lounge

No new posts Bored - so, Brexit it is!
View the latest post

Bargain Tools

No new posts lidl 27th Dec
View the latest post

Carpentry/Joinery Forum

No new posts Stair treads
View the latest post

Central Heating & Boilers

No new posts Singing noise related to water pump
View the latest post
No new posts No hot water I am completely lost of who to call
View the latest post
No new posts Oil tank location
View the latest post

Dewalt

No new posts 18v dewalt router on pre order £279
View the latest post

Login

Username:   Password:   Log me on automatically each visit  

Statistics

Statistics

Total posts 781407 | Total topics 91461 | Total members 45738

News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
ultimatehandyman privacy policy

Contact