DIY Forum

Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate HandymanUltimate Handyman on Pinterest

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice forum

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:52 am

Time zone: Europe/London [ DST ]

News News of Damp Proofing and Remedial problems

Site map of Damp Proofing and Remedial problems » Forum : Damp Proofing and Remedial problems

This Forum is for all questions relating to Rising damp, Penetrating Damp, Basement Drainage, Cracked Masonry and Wall tie replacement.

[ Total topics 1362 Go to page 1 ... 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:46 pm 
Hi- I want to be able to use my cellar as a bit of a study. It has damp but a couple of months with the radiator on down there seems to have really dried the walls out. The problem is the floor- it is just stone paving and the grouting between the paving is really nackered and damp comes through. What can I do with it? The floor is very uneven and really needs ...

Read more : Damp proofing cellar floor | Views : 3296 | Replies : 3

Post subject: DAMP - IS PVA THE ANSWER?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:51 pm 
Help please! Have two problems:-

About to have new carpet fitted, and after moving items of furniture have spotted two largish brown stains, which look as though it is damp coming through the areas (one area is concrete, the other quarry tiles). Will PVA sort this out to stop the damp damaging the new carpet, please? If so, do I mix it with water or something, what ratio please?

Secondly, we are having a wood-burning ...

Read more : DAMP - IS PVA THE ANSWER? | Views : 2183 | Replies : 2

Post subject: Rising damp or new floor or both?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:56 pm 
I have previously put a post about the house that I moved into needing a new roof. I also have a problem with damp in the kitchen. Half of the kitchen has floorboards and the other half has a stone quarry tiled floor. There is evidence of damp on the 2 walls above the quarry tiled floor but not on the walls above the floor boards. I have been told by a building company that ...

Read more : Rising damp or new floor or both? | Views : 3305 | Replies : 5

Post subject: Electro Osmosis Damp Course
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:09 pm 
I have an Electro Osmosis damp proof system, but seem to be getting flaking plaster at about the same level from the floor as the wire.
How do I check if the system is working properly. The light is working on the transformer which is putting out just over 5V.

Read more : Electro Osmosis Damp Course | Views : 4267 | Replies : 5

Post subject: Newbie here, please help with damp proofing question!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:06 am 
Hi everyone,

Looks like a great forum!

Basically In one of the outbuildings on my house, I have a bathroom with a brick outside wall, without a cavity. Previously I have had a water leak from the roof which has lead to the plasterboard and polystrene insulation behind it becoming very soggy and creating black mould. I have now stripped the wall back to the brick and have fixed the water ingress and it seems ...

Read more : Newbie here, please help with damp proofing question! | Views : 1102 | Replies : 3

Post subject: DAmp
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:25 am 
Hi, I hope someone can help. We have a breather pipe boxed in in the corner of our downstairs bedroom. The toilet is directly above the bedroom and breather heads up through roof.

A damp patch has developed where the box for the breather meets the stone wall (terraced house) and the floor.

Is a roof leak following the breather pipe more likely than rising damp ? (ive examined all the connections in the bathroom ...

Read more : DAmp | Views : 1005 | Replies : 3

Post subject: Drying out damp caused by pipe leak
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:10 pm 
Hi all

So my mains water supply pipe has leaked (now fully repaired) however there has been the obvious dampness caused by this leak which I need to dry out.

Areas affected are several under floor joists, the supporting walls under the floor and some of the brickwork. The adjoining plaster will obviously need to be hacked off and replaced. But before i start the repair work I need to dry out the affected areas ...

Read more : Drying out damp caused by pipe leak | Views : 3319 | Replies : 5

Post subject: damp on chimney breast
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:12 pm 
i have a 1930s house which i have renovated over 6 months, on the survey there was damp evident on the chimey breast, so i had the chimney capped and ventilated.

It turns out that the damp is rising damp, no other internal wall has this (touch wood)

its not really bad but gets worse when we have a down pour, now the back garden patio was never laid correctly, who ever had the ouse ...

Read more : damp on chimney breast | Views : 4050 | Replies : 4

Post subject: Conservatery damp
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:50 pm 
Had A conny built early last year & have noticed that damp is coming though in small places. Is there any sort of application I can paint on to stop said damp??

Thanks in advance
:-)

Read more : Conservatery damp | Views : 1489 | Replies : 7

Post subject: damp treatment electric osmosis or cream
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:37 am 
Please can you help.
To treat rising damp in a house in Spain, single walls made of concrete hollow blocks and then rendered the damp is mainly on external walls and in some internal walls.
which treatment is more effective the silicone or the electric osmosis ? which one is the better value? which one is easier and cheaper to install ? and finally where can I buy the electric osmosis material in the UK ...

Read more : damp treatment electric osmosis or cream | Views : 5784 | Replies : 7

[ Total topics 1362 Go to page 1 ... 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137

Last 10 active topics

Electric Forum UK

No new posts Extractor Fan not working
View the latest post

Building Forum

No new posts Stange old pipes in my garden.....
View the latest post

Damp Proofing and Remedial problems

No new posts DPC height quandry
View the latest post

Vehicle maintenance & Repair

No new posts ECU mapping on Mobility Scooter ?
View the latest post

Plumbing Forum

No new posts Monarch Solo ultra water softener non electric
View the latest post

Tool Talk

No new posts Makita hp457d keyless chuck
View the latest post

General DIY forum

No new posts Chimney advice?
View the latest post

Metalworking Forum

No new posts Aluminium cutting.
View the latest post

Central Heating & Boilers

No new posts Does Hive need an internet connection?
View the latest post
No new posts Bleeding Rads
View the latest post

Login

Username:   Password:   Log me on automatically each visit  

Statistics

Statistics

Total posts 755667 | Total topics 87775 | Total members 43661

News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
ultimatehandyman privacy policy

Contact