DIY Forum

Ultimate HandymanUltimate Handyman on Pinterest

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice forum

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:01 am

Time zone: Europe/London

News News of Damp Proofing and Remedial problems

Site map of Damp Proofing and Remedial problems » Forum : Damp Proofing and Remedial problems

This Forum is for all questions relating to Rising damp, Penetrating Damp, Basement Drainage, Cracked Masonry and Wall tie replacement.

[ Total topics 1403 Go to page 1 ... 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137 ... 141

Post subject: Damp walls - should I use foil bubble wrap!?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:40 pm 
Hi - many thanks for reading this and hopefully you can help me.

Two problems really, but both related.

1. In one of the bedrooms, my sister has notified me of some damp down the side of her bed. (She does not wet the bed!). pulling up the matress I can see dirt that has become visible through being wet I guess. The end of the bed where this has occured is against an external ...

Read more : Damp walls - should I use foil bubble wrap!? | Views : 1416 | Replies : 1

Post subject: what do you think this is
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:17 pm 
and whats causeing it? my sister in law is having a run in with the local council about it.

the local council came out last year and painted the walls with watered down pva glue to in there words seal the walls.

and suprise suprise it came back, there was a load of old paint flaking off, so i scrape that off and painted the walls with oil based ...

Read more : what do you think this is | Views : 1179 | Replies : 7

Post subject: damp proofing qualifications
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:27 am 
Hi everyone.

This is my first post after spotting the forum late last night.

im a plasterer. and i also work as a general house do-er up-er.

im looking to start offering damp proof solutions to my customers along with the plastering to find more work.

how do i go about finding the qualifications needed to be a damp proofer, are there courses i can get myself on, pref a short week long intensive one? ...

Read more : damp proofing qualifications | Views : 2242 | Replies : 2

Post subject: Condensation in an old property
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:21 pm 
Hello,
Some advice please:
My mother has moved into a grade 11 listed building with single glazing.

There is a lot of condensation on the windows, in fact it puddles on the sill & takes several wipes with a large cloth every day.

It is mainly on the northern side of the property & the rooms are the kitchen, bathroom & bedroom.

She is quite concerned that it is unhealthy to be living in such ...

Read more : Condensation in an old property | Views : 1258 | Replies : 3

Post subject: problem with rising damp
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:19 pm 
I had a problem with what appeared to be rising damp in my entrance hall.The entrance is on the side of my house and is quite small approx 1.25m x 2.5m and the door is approx 1.25m from the front wall of the house.The damp patch ran from the external corner of the hall toward the door and from the same corner toward the living room wall, and was confined to the hall only, on ...

Read more : problem with rising damp | Views : 1152 | Replies : 2

Post subject: creamy dpc hire,whos best /cheapest??
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:05 pm 
i put a cream based dpc in a frends house last year,he hired the dispenser gun and ceam from brandon hire but they dont appear(on their website) to do it anymore now i need it for my own house! would anybody know wheres best to hire it it from and which cream is best?

Read more : creamy dpc hire,whos best /cheapest?? | Views : 5488 | Replies : 10

Post subject: penetrating damp?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:50 pm 
Hello
Im sure this has been posted lots of times so my apologies for repeating myself.

I am looking to buy a house, however there seems to be a damp problem in the downstairs, the house has been fully refurbed recently , however there are damp patches on walls in the two front rooms, these are on both internal and external walls and at various levels, the house is a 1930's terrace. The house also ...

Read more : penetrating damp? | Views : 944 | Replies : 2

Post subject: Damp, Damp, and more Damp..........
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:42 pm 
Thanks for a great forum guys and gals. I have read a lot of the threads and gained some valuable insight.

My question is this.

I have a terraced house, I obviously have condensation issues judging by what I have read but in the winter the front and back interior walls downstairs have a black stain like mould rising to approx 8ft by the windows. We have had double glazing fitted about four years ago ...

Read more : Damp, Damp, and more Damp.......... | Views : 1047 | Replies : 3

Post subject: Why is dry insulation still hazardous when previously wet ?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:13 pm 
10 years ago we buyed a house that had suffered some waterdamage.

We renewed the roof, but didn't pay attention to some relative small spots on our ceiling where water obviously must have leaked through.

Now the communal health inspector orders us to replace all insulation that's infected with microbes.(our ceiling insulation consists of sawdust and shavings)

No test for presence of hazardous microbic excretions have been performed though.

The assumption is primarily based on ...

Read more : Why is dry insulation still hazardous when previously wet ? | Views : 754 | Replies : 2

Post subject: DIY Rising Damp
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:55 pm 
I want to cure the rising damp in my house with a Chemical Damp Proof. In the DIY book I have the images all mlook like there drilling into the mortor. Yet all holes I see on real houses are drilled into the brick! Does it matter where i drill cuz obviously drilling into motor would be a stack easier, which makes me wonder y others havent!

Cheers

Dan

Read more : DIY Rising Damp | Views : 1006 | Replies : 2

[ Total topics 1403 Go to page 1 ... 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137 ... 141

Last 10 active topics

Building Forum

No new posts Brick ties
View the latest post
No new posts Loose block work behind thick plaster
View the latest post

General DIY forum

No new posts BITUMEN PAINT
View the latest post
No new posts Damaged internal door
View the latest post
No new posts Soakaway for surface water from my garage roof
View the latest post
No new posts wall plug/big hole!
View the latest post

Electric Forum UK

No new posts Quick Dual Earth Socket question
View the latest post
No new posts LED strip lighting
View the latest post

Bargain Tools

No new posts Today at Aldi
View the latest post

Painting & Decorating Forum

No new posts Fixing picture frame mouldings to wall papered brick wall
View the latest post

Login

Username:   Password:   Log me on automatically each visit  

Statistics

Statistics

Total posts 775434 | Total topics 90647 | Total members 45319

News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
ultimatehandyman privacy policy

Contact