DIY Forum

Ultimate HandymanUltimate Handyman on Pinterest

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice forum

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:46 am

Time zone: Europe/London [ DST ]

News News of Damp Proofing and Remedial problems

Site map of Damp Proofing and Remedial problems » Forum : Damp Proofing and Remedial problems

This Forum is for all questions relating to Rising damp, Penetrating Damp, Basement Drainage, Cracked Masonry and Wall tie replacement.

[ Total topics 1408 Go to page 1 ... 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136 ... 141

Post subject: Damp patch on exterior wall
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:05 pm 
Help,

I have a damp patch on an exterior wall and I cannot find the cause. Its driving me mad. The house is newly built and I moved in March 2008. The wall is coated in K-Rend.
I first noticed this patch in November 2008. There is not a leak in the roof as far as I can see and the guttering is fine. There is no damp at all on the interior of the ...

Read more : Damp patch on exterior wall | Views : 1647 | Replies : 1

Post subject: Damp on bedroom wall
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:36 pm 
I have a damp patch on the bedroom wall up near the ceiling and one half way down.

Ihave been up in the loft and the chimney is dry all round, their are cowl's on the chimney pots to help stop the rain entering.

How can the damp show through such a long way down from the chimney?

Thanks

Read more : Damp on bedroom wall | Views : 943 | Replies : 2

Post subject: Brand new roof leaking
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:21 pm 
Hi,

I've had my roof replaced with the following :
Slate
Breathable membrane
25mm air space below
Kingspan between & under the rafters
plasterboard

On new years day we discovered 2 damp patches on the wall where the wall meets the roof in the room that's built into the roof.
These disappeared within a few days, then reappeared a few days later.

Picture of the damp patches
http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/jj36 ... 12ed86.jpg ...

Read more : Brand new roof leaking | Views : 1196 | Replies : 2

Post subject: Damp patch on out side of exterior wall
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:23 pm 
Is a damp patch on the exterior surface of a brick wall a cause for concern? its on the extrior of the flat below mine. it on the wall where there was once a chimney breast long removed. (we looked at both flats and went for upstairs one the wall has a patch that looks like its had some work done before (black mortar) should i be concerned?

Read more : Damp patch on out side of exterior wall | Views : 7219 | Replies : 11

Post subject: Condensation/Damp on bedroom windows and sills
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:40 pm 
Hi All,

I've noticed that I get a fair bit of condensation on the windows in my 3 bed end terrace house bedrooms.

We have the heating on for 2-3 hours in the morning and then for longer in the evenings.

At the moment there are no vents/airbricks that I can see so I was thinking of installing a vent into the ceilings of the bedrooms that would go into the loft space.

We do ...

Read more : Condensation/Damp on bedroom windows and sills | Views : 3077 | Replies : 6

Post subject: Cold walls
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:44 pm 
Hi, My daughters bedroom which is very small has two outside walls which get very cold and so there is a big problem with condensation, are there any ways to warm up the inside walls, ventilation is hard because the bed has to be up against these two walls. Thanks. http://www.diyuniverse.com

Read more : Cold walls | Views : 3742 | Replies : 3

Post subject: scary black damp - please help
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:15 pm 
I wonder if someone can help. my mum's got a damp problem which she's asked me to fix. Now, I can do general DIY around the house but have no experience of damp, i've taken lots of pictures which i can send out.

it all started with a leak in the roof but i think all the water got in between the walls and is now seeping through. however i am no expert, the damn ...

Read more : scary black damp - please help | Views : 948 | Replies : 1

Post subject: Condensation problem on windows
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:27 pm 
I live in a two bed garden flat in London, which is the bottom half of a converted terrace house. I have a big problem with condensation in two rooms in the house with water running down the windows and doors and gathering on the woodwork and even dripping from the windows onto the floor and waking us up in the bedroom.

1. Front bedroom, two very large floor to ceiling windows which have double ...

Read more : Condensation problem on windows | Views : 1481 | Replies : 8

Post subject: Damp issue
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:00 pm 
Hi All

Looking for a bit of advice. Bought my house about a year ago and since then I have noticed patches of black damp forming in the upstairs rooms and around the doors downstairs. The bathroom is the worse effected. The mold will appear on the roof, around the windows beading/wall contact, around the bath (around the sealeant / tiles). We also have it in the bedrooms, mostly appearing in the upper corners.

Its ...

Read more : Damp issue | Views : 996 | Replies : 3

Post subject: Collapsed bay window (kind of)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:30 pm 
Hi all,

I'm back with my 3rd now-home-owner drama (let's hope there's some truth to things coming in 3s!)

In our upstairs bedroom we have a nice bay window looking out along a straight road to a tree lined river, and beyond to farmland and hills. Lovely!

Apart from the fact that there's a wacking great crack in both corners of the bay window when you look from the inside - it turns out that ...

Read more : Collapsed bay window (kind of) | Views : 838 | Replies : 2

[ Total topics 1408 Go to page 1 ... 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136 ... 141

Last 10 active topics

Central Heating & Boilers

No new posts Connecting Hive Thermostat to Worcester Bosch Greenstar 25Si
View the latest post
No new posts Unable to fill upstairs radiators
View the latest post

Show Case Gallery

No new posts Custom Stair Case for Kids Bunk Beds
View the latest post

Tool Talk

No new posts looking for quality drill bits advice
View the latest post

Plumbing Forum

No new posts External pipe insulation
View the latest post
No new posts Removing gas hob and isolating supply
View the latest post

General DIY forum

No new posts Katsu/Makita router guide for festool track.
View the latest post
No new posts My first router table
View the latest post

Electric Forum UK

No new posts Installing Electric Wall Heater 1KW or 2KW in Bathroom
View the latest post

Painting & Decorating Forum

No new posts Correct way to paint smooth cement render? Internal/Extern..
View the latest post

Login

Username:   Password:   Log me on automatically each visit  

Statistics

Statistics

Total posts 779725 | Total topics 91235 | Total members 45617

News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
ultimatehandyman privacy policy

Contact