DIY Forum

Ultimate HandymanUltimate Handyman on Pinterest

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice forum

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:47 pm

Time zone: Europe/London [ DST ]

News News of Damp Proofing and Remedial problems

Site map of Damp Proofing and Remedial problems » Forum : Damp Proofing and Remedial problems

This Forum is for all questions relating to Rising damp, Penetrating Damp, Basement Drainage, Cracked Masonry and Wall tie replacement.

[ Total topics 1408 Go to page 1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135 ... 141

Post subject: Mould and Damp Please Help!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:10 pm 
I moved into my ground floor maisonette around three years ago. I have always noticed black mould around my windows which I have to clean regularly which has spread to the walls. Also in my spare bedroom I have green/black mould which seems to grow from the bottom and top of the wall. In my hallway cupboard which is underneath the stairs seems to have a damp smell so I ripped up the carpet to ...

Read more : Mould and Damp Please Help! | Views : 669 | Replies : 0

Post subject: MOULD? STAINS ON WALL
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:51 pm 
Hi, I have this strange white 'stuff????' appearing on my wall. It is on the inside of an exterior wall which is made of stone ( not sure if this is relevant) it's an upstairs room so not sure about damp. The wall is well pointed and i do not think there is water coming through. i always thought that mould showed black but this is most definitely white.i have tried washing the wall with ...

Read more : MOULD? STAINS ON WALL | Views : 925 | Replies : 4

Post subject: Warm air vapour condenses on cold lintel
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:37 pm 
Please see diagram below:

This is basically what is happening in my house - I have a brick lintel which is both inside and outside the house - so it is exposed to the cold air outside and when you touch the brick inside the house it is also freezing.

The annoying thing is - whenever it is warmer in the kitchen - or you cook something, the vapour in the air condenses straight ...

Read more : Warm air vapour condenses on cold lintel | Views : 808 | Replies : 2

Post subject: Mould Remover
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:38 pm 
This is the stuff i used to get rid of black mould on the bathroom sink/wash basin/bath/shower and it works real good turning the mould a brownish color
and all you have to do is wash away 30 minuets later, but the thing is it keeps coming back after a few months and you have to do it all over again, but you should of seen my windows thay was blacker than black with mould ...

Read more : Mould Remover | Views : 832 | Replies : 3

Post subject: damp, dont know where is my damp course
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:40 am 
i live in 1930 house and i removed the plaster on the inside wall because it had started to came away. i replastered it then 2 months back i lifted the laminated flooring and all semmed fine. about 3 weeks ago i noticed damp running along where the floor meets the wall and now my plaster is mouldy and the damp patch has now got even biggeron the floor and is starting to go up ...

Read more : damp, dont know where is my damp course | Views : 2562 | Replies : 11

Post subject: Bathroom 'Damp' Problem
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:32 pm 
Hi All,

I am new to the forum, and thought it would be the best place to pose a few queries with regards my degenerating bathroom!

For a little while now, I have noticed black specks of mould appear around the top corners of my bathroom. The one I am mostly concerned about is the corner which consists of 2 'external' walls. I have taken photos to show what has occured...

Can anyone ...

Read more : Bathroom 'Damp' Problem | Views : 3543 | Replies : 5

Post subject: Waterproofing for tiling
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:57 pm 
I have a concrete step, inside my house, which misses the DPM below. There is the risk that it could pull up humidity. Does anybody know which product I could use -paint or similar- to make a waterproof barrier by applying it on the concrete and on which I could fix tiles? or is there a waterproof tile adhesive I could use as if it was an exterior application?

Read more : Waterproofing for tiling | Views : 650 | Replies : 1

Post subject: Exterior pebble dashed wall
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:28 pm 
I want to put a chemical damp proof course on an Exterior pebble dashed wall,
What I read seems to suggest thatI should drill into the mortar bed between the bricks. But I cannot see where this is through the render. Is it okay to just drill and hope that the solution will work, be it in brick or mortar :? I would be grateful for any ...

Read more : Exterior pebble dashed wall | Views : 979 | Replies : 3

Post subject: Cavity wall insulation/condensation
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:28 pm 
Hi There,
I currently rent an ex MOD property which my landlord says has had cavity wall insulation installed before he bought it.
I can't see any evidence of this so how can I tell if cavity wall insulation has been installed?
I live in the downstairs flat so have no access to the loft to try and see down into the cavity and can't see any evidence of rows of drilled holes.
The insides ...

Read more : Cavity wall insulation/condensation | Views : 1462 | Replies : 2

Post subject: Damp plasterboard
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:11 am 
We have a stud wall separating ashower from a built-in wardrobe. Water from the shower has penetrated the grout and saturated the plasterboard shower-side.
The plasterboard on the wardrobe side seems okay, but there is a strong smell of damp in the wardrobe which makes it unusable. There are no visible signs of damp.
I know I should probably replace the plasterboard on the wardrobe side (shower will be done), but due to the way ...

Read more : Damp plasterboard | Views : 1979 | Replies : 2

[ Total topics 1408 Go to page 1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135 ... 141

Last 10 active topics

General DIY forum

No new posts Katsu/Makita router guide for festool track.
View the latest post
No new posts My first router table
View the latest post

Electric Forum UK

No new posts Installing Electric Wall Heater 1KW or 2KW in Bathroom
View the latest post

Plumbing Forum

No new posts Removing gas hob and isolating supply
View the latest post
No new posts Remove tap handle
View the latest post

Painting & Decorating Forum

No new posts Correct way to paint smooth cement render? Internal/Extern..
View the latest post

Central Heating & Boilers

No new posts Unable to fill upstairs radiators
View the latest post
No new posts new boiler instalation condensate woes
View the latest post

Vehicle maintenance & Repair

No new posts Need advice installing an auxiliary/parking heater on Corsa
View the latest post

Building Forum

No new posts Conservatory doors
View the latest post

Login

Username:   Password:   Log me on automatically each visit  

Statistics

Statistics

Total posts 779567 | Total topics 91219 | Total members 45612

News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
ultimatehandyman privacy policy

Contact