DIY Forum

Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate HandymanUltimate Handyman on Pinterest

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice forum

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:00 am
Visit Hilti

Time zone: Europe/London [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:18 pm 
Newly registered Member

Good afternoon, everyone

I am looking to change my gas boiler as the current one is on its last legs and am looking for recommendations. My boiler-servicing company have told me that they can no longer get replacement parts for it - and it has had quite a few in the 10+ years I have had it. I live in a parkhome (posh name for a mobile home) it has 2 bedrooms, one bathroom and 7 radiators (5 of them doubles), am on mains gas and shower works off boiler.

What would any of you suggest as replacement? Can I still have a combi boiler or are condensing boilers compulsory for the general public?

Thanks for your advice.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on Google+
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:29 pm 

mermaidnwuk wrote:
Good afternoon, everyone

I am looking to change my gas boiler as the current one is on its last legs and am looking for recommendations. My boiler-servicing company have told me that they can no longer get replacement parts for it - and it has had quite a few in the 10+ years I have had it. I live in a parkhome (posh name for a mobile home) it has 2 bedrooms, one bathroom and 7 radiators (5 of them doubles), am on mains gas and shower works off boiler.

What would any of you suggest as replacement? Can I still have a combi boiler or are condensing boilers compulsory for the general public?

Thanks for your advice.

All Combi boilers have been condensing types for quite a long time now.
There should be no problem that I can think of in replacing your current Combi with a new CombI. :thumbright:
If you do a search of the forums you will find Intergas comes highly recommend. :-)
BTW, do you know your current boiler make/model.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:55 pm 

I am currently fitting Intergas boilers.

If I was your installer I would price for an eco rf24 or eco rf30 depending on your cold mains flow and hot water requirements.

www.drlgas.co.uk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:29 am 
Newly registered Member

gas4you wrote:

If I was your installer I would price for an eco rf24 or eco rf30 depending on your cold mains flow and hot water requirements.
PLB wrote:
mermaidnwuk wrote:
Good afternoon, everyone

Thanks for your advice.

All Combi boilers have been condensing types for quite a long time now.
There should be no problem that I can think of in replacing your current Combi with a new CombI. :thumbright:
If you do a search of the forums you will find Intergas comes highly recommend. :-)
BTW, do you know your current boiler make/model.

Good morning,

My boiler is a Chaffoteaux & Maury MX2 24FF, I have 7 radiators (5 of them doubles) and my shower is run off the boiler. My water pressure allows me to fill a 1 litre container in 5 seconds, from the cold tap.

I did post a comment about this same boiler, on this Forum, on Wednesday, 17 February, 2016. The fault reported then still exists to this day. Too many CH engineers to count have attended and failed to resolve the problem.

Are intergas boilers readily available to local CH companies/fitters? I live in Barrow-in-Furness.

Thanks, again, for any assistance and help.
gas4you wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:29 pm 

In that case the Eco rf24 would suffice.

Yes they are available to any gas safe registered installer.

Razor, on here, may even know a good one near you.

www.drlgas.co.uk