DIY Forum

Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate HandymanUltimate Handyman on Pinterest

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice forum

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:53 am
Visit Thermo worx

Time zone: Europe/London [ DST ]

Post subject: Lidl tools - compressors
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:37 pm 
Newly registered Member

Does anyone have experience of Lidl power tools - specifically compressors?

I see they're selling a Parkside-branded one with a 1.8kw motor producing 7bar and with a 24-litre capacity for £80. It comes with a three-year warranty.

However, I wonder if it's any good for that price, whether it would be possible to get spares for it? I tend to think you get what you pay for these days so I wonder if I should spend a bit more and get something decent - I had been thinking of getting a Clarke compressor.

It would be for amateur use (blowing up tyres, spraying Waxoyl and maybe the odd panel, etc).

Your thoughts, please!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on Google+
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:21 pm 

i haven't tried their compressor paticullary, but have tried their air tools and they're very good.

I just bought their air riveter for £25. At that price it's a bargain and I bought it to use as a spare as sometimes air riveters do jam up. It takes a while to dismantle and fix them so I I got it to use as a spare in emergencies.

I own a clarke riveter: https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke- ... tUQAvD_BwE I bought that for £60. Feel like a mug.

I also had to buy a clarke drill press for £90 and then a few weeks later so Lidl selling them for £60. So gutted.

Their warranties are good and they do honour them. My experience with lidl tools have been good and they are comparable to tools you buy from screwfix at similar price points. Except lidl are about 25% cheaper.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:27 pm 

case in point: cheapest you can buy is 1 for a fiver: https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p38164 ... wPTzg1DV8Q

Lidl sell 2 for £4, plus some euro connectors: https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/Non-Food-Offe ... cleId=6077