DIY Forum

Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate HandymanUltimate Handyman on Pinterest

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice forum

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:25 am
Visit Thermo worx

Time zone: Europe/London

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:55 pm 

I've done installs for a lot less then 1400 Dickie. How much do you expect to make for a day or so's work it isn't rocket science!!

And I seriously doubt any Intergas engineer would ever have a problem with one of my installs, more than their lives are worth to criticise me :lol: :lol:

You can pay all the money for a crap job just as easily as you can pay peanuts :wink:

As always help on here is free, however if you think you have saved a decent sum of money why not click the link to find out about the charity we're currently supporting? A couple of quid makes a real difference.

donnas-dream-house-charity-t52110.html

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on Google+
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:14 pm 

£1400 + vat is an awful lot for labour in my book just to fit a boiler.

Probably isn't as much as that in reality, as there will be mark up on materials in that figure as well.

That is nearly a weeks labour not 2 days!

www.drlgas.co.uk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:24 pm 
Newly registered Member

Razor, I had looked at the Intouch system but I'm not a big fan of the round Honeywell thermostat that is supplied by default. Some of the documentation says that it needs to be wired in to a fixed position which seems a bit of a step back compared to the wireless Nest/Hive type systems out there.

Is it possible to use a different thermostat with the Intouch?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:29 pm 

There is now a new version of the Intouch that has a wireless stat but it's still the mushroom design - until Intergas release their own controls which look like black Iphone type things but smaller.

You can fit any other thermostat with intouch but if you're not bothered about having the installer monitor the boiler I'd go with one of the Lyric stats. You can get full OT together with internet access and the T4M even picks up fault codes from the boiler.

Of course if funds are tight the single channel Hive can go on it for now and it will work fine albeit slightly less efficiently

As always help on here is free, however if you think you have saved a decent sum of money why not click the link to find out about the charity we're currently supporting? A couple of quid makes a real difference.

For this message the author Razor has received gratitude : Ged33
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:25 pm 
Newly registered Member

Sorry to piggyback on the thread.

I too have been waiting for the new Intergas range to come out, its the lower modulation for CH i was interested in.
I already have EvoHome and would be interested in whether the problems between the EcoRF and OpenTherm bridge have been resolved yet?

Razor - is it possible for you to PM me your contact details at all?
I'm walking distance from Intergas UK HQ perhaps I should just walk in and ask if they know you by forum name :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:43 pm 

rcopus wrote:
I'm walking distance from Intergas UK HQ perhaps I should just walk in and ask if they know you by forum name :lol:

By forum name probably not but if you asked for Intergas' most senior engineer they might have a clue :wink:

The problem was a setup one in Evohome, credit where it's due it was Richard at the Evohome shop that sorted it out. It might be worth giving him a call he's working with Honeywell directly and there are probably only two more people in the country that know more about it - and that's debatable!

www.evohomeshop.co.uk

As for the new boiler the next one we are launching is the Extreme which uses the same platform as he HRX but with a bigger heat exchanger. I do have info about it but I'm afraid I'm waiting for the NDA to be lifted. It will be on this forum first :salute:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:59 am 
Newly registered Member

Thanks Razor!

I’ve dealt with Richard before, automatedhome forums are the place to be when it’s about Evohome. There are some people who take monitoring of the system performance to the next level on there! There’s also involvement from Honeywell on there too.

I don’t currently have an IG boiler, it was the issues with the EcoRF not working as it should that put me off. My current system appears to not have an ABV, but also no OpenTherm and some other very stupid logic that means low heat demand will lead to the boiler slowly destroying itself. I won’t spam the thread with further details though!

I was actually looking for contact details of someone who comes highly recommended to install an IG before winter comes and I’m left without anything (I have no storage and no electric showers).
I know there’s an installer finder on the IG site but they don’t have page after page of praise about them on forums like this!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:28 am 

If you can wait I'm actually staying in Kingswinford on the 6th/7th September because I'm doing some training for the guys on the technical helpline. If you're that close I'm happy to pop round and offer any advice I can :thumbright:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:35 pm 

What a decent chap you are Razor :thumbright:

DWD

For this message the author dewaltdisney has received thanks - 4: Dickie, gas4you, Razor, steviejoiner74
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:13 pm 

Thanks DWD, if he behaves I might even sneak him into my training room to see the boilers close up and naked :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:04 pm 

Razor wrote:
I've done installs for a lot less then 1400 Dickie. How much do you expect to make for a day or so's work it isn't rocket science!!

And I seriously doubt any Intergas engineer would ever have a problem with one of my installs, more than their lives are worth to criticise me :lol: :lol:

You can pay all the money for a crap job just as easily as you can pay peanuts :wink:

Granted Labour only £1.4K is a lot, but

Gas Safe RGI
Scottish, British & Proud.
I'm not or never claimed to be Chris Williams.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:49 am 
Newly registered Member

Thanks Razor that's very kind!

I can't send PM's so I can't give you my details.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:44 pm 
Newly registered Member

To update the thread I managed to get my new boiler installed for a very reasonable price. One compromise was that the heating engineer hadn't fitted any Intergas boilers previously. Still, it is in and heating DHW fine :thumbright:

I went with the Hive as a heating controller as I already had it, but I may well follow Razor's suggestion of upgrading when the more attractive Intergas controls are released. The Hive receiver is wired in but as the radiators aren't currently installed I haven't completed the full setup or any tests yet.

As a quick sanity check could somebody confirm the correct control wiring from a single channel Hive to an Eco rf so I can compare it with my install?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:30 pm 

Just knocked this up for you :salute:

Attachment:
Hive.PNG
Hive.PNG [ 666.85 KiB | Viewed 131 times ]

For this message the author Razor has received gratitude : Ged33
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:01 am 
Newly registered Member

Thanks Razor, that's great. Much appreciated.