DIY Forum

Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIRECTORY | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:43 pm

Time zone: Europe/London [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:03 pm 
Newly registered Member

Can anyone help stupid (me) here? :oops:

I need to get the cistern lid off of our Ideal Standard push button toilets. I'm sure that I somehow need to get the buttons/chrome ring off somehow to do this but can't figure it out . ::b

I've tried pushing the buttons down to unscrew the ring, but I wonder if I need some sort of special tool to turn it 'cause it feels really tight. The inside of the ring is ribbed :shock: hence the thought on needing a tool.

Thanks!

You may not be able to see the full post including pictures unless you register or log in

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:39 pm 

I believe that as you have identified you turn the chrome ring to unscrew it and gain access to the cistern workings, not aware of a tool for it , but i could be wrong, Hinton heating will be along later and i am sure he wil know

Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:18 pm 
Site Admin

If it is a dual flush one, so there will be one large button and one small one you remove it by pushing and holding down the large button whilst wiggling the smaller one. The smaller one will then pull out with your fingers then remove the bigger one.

There will then be a screw that needs removing before you can remove the outer ring or cistern lid.

The buttons have a little snib on the back of them and they need to be dislocated before they can be removed.

Once you have done it you will find it much easier the next time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:40 am 
Newly registered Member

ultimatehandyman wrote:
If it is a dual flush one, so there will be one large button and one small one you remove it by pushing and holding down the large button whilst wiggling the smaller one. The smaller one will then pull out with your fingers then remove the bigger one.

There will then be a screw that needs removing before you can remove the outer ring or cistern lid.

The buttons have a little snib on the back of them and they need to be dislocated before they can be removed.

:thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

Thankyou!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:13 am 
Site Admin

hutters wrote:
ultimatehandyman wrote:

:thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

Thankyou!

I only knew because a friend was having trouble a few weeks back and I was trying to unscrew the round centre and after a while I thought this is not moving at all and then I started to press the buttons :wink:

For this message the author ultimatehandyman has received gratitude : havago5

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]