DIY Forum

Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate HandymanUltimate Handyman on Pinterest

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice forum

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIRECTORY | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:02 am

Time zone: Europe/London

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:44 am 
Newly registered Member

Hi all,

I'm a newbie, but have a bit of DIY experience, but this question is on behalf of my dad. He has a pretty old Ideal Standard Mexico, which has generally been reliable over the years, only the thermocouple having gone a few times. He's had it serviced regularly from new, and the engineers have said it's worth hanging on to. The control unit has now stopped working - does anyone know if these are still available? Would DIY replacement of this be allowed?
He's got a stone type work surface, so it would be a problem fitting an external unit, if that was possible.
He is an experienced and sensible DIYer, knows his wiring/electronics so is probably capable of replacing the unit.
Cheers.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on Google+

You may not be able to see the full post including pictures unless you register or log in

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:58 am 

What model and what do you call the control unit.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:04 pm 
Newly registered Member

The boiler model is an Ideal Standard Mexico 2 RS80, and by control unit I mean the heating/hot water on-off timer for the boiler. I don't think it has any separate / model number on it (visible from the front anyhow). It's built right into the boiler control panel next to the boiler thermostat. I've heard that there might even still be someone around who repairs them.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:31 pm 

41-407-405 is not a valid number, which was what I needed.

You can fit a remote timer/programmer.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]