DIY Forum

Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate HandymanUltimate Handyman on Pinterest

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice forum

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:08 pm
Visit Thermo worx

Time zone: Europe/London

Post subject: Ideal ISAR HE24 Fault
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:10 pm 
Newly registered Member

hi all i am new to the forum, Im an industrial sparky by trade working in steel works. My sister rents out an apartment the tenant has wrecked it along with the boiler I had the same boiler in my house and had nothing but trouble with so I learnt quiet a bit on them, but of course she dosent want to pay for a new boiler, the original fault I had was a dead short on the PCB boiling the main fuse in the spur so I have recently changed this the boiler fires perfectly on central heating and hot water, another fault I came across whilst testing was the room stat switch live was remaining energised so ive also changed this, the problem I have is that when the stat breaks the live it goes out and drops the switch live out to the PCB which takes out the burner light but the (C) is still shown on the front of boiler as though its calling for heat, and the boiler fan and pump still run. Could I have any advice on where to go from here?

I dont want call a heating engineer either.. unless I really have to I havent touch anything thats gas either its all electrical stuff, I do work on gas fired furnaces at work so before people say I dont know what im doing i do

Joel

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on Google+
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:40 pm 

It sounds like the pump over run kicking in.

Are you 100% sure the fan is actually running?

It would be normal for the ‘c’ to remain on for a few minutes after heat demand finishes but with only the pump running IIRC

www.drlgas.co.uk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:13 pm 

Have you had a look to see if there's a manual with electrical drawings on the Ideal site?

:welcomeuhm: I served my time and worked for some years as a sparks in the steel industry. 30 years ago now.