DIY Forum

 

Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate HandymanUltimate Handyman on Pinterest

 

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice forum

 

 

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:40 pm
Visit Thermo worx


Time zone: Europe/London




 

 


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Hell at work
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:03 am 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:58 pm
Posts: 2902
Has thanked: 751 times
Been thanked: 337 times
big-all wrote:
Argyll wrote:
big-all wrote:
as an aside
the new owner must accept all contracts in place:


Only for 3 years though.

didnt know there was a time limit off 3 years assumed it would be the full contract term or ongoing if no contract length stated :dunno:
do you have a link to the 3 years clause/condition please :thumbright:



No but been told from several people. My mate worked at HMP Acklington/Castington (now HMP Northumberland) which was privatised in 2013. His T&C's are changing next month and he'll take a massive pay cut. He was one that told me so he should know.


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on Google+
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Hell at work
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:08 pm 
Offline
Pro Carpenter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:11 pm
Posts: 19676
Location: redhill surrey an auld reekie laddie
Has thanked: 637 times
Been thanked: 1798 times
i wonder if that was a condition negotiated by the union rather than "law" :dunno: :dunno:

_________________
we are all ------------------still learning


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Hell at work
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:44 pm 
Offline
Senior Member

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:17 pm
Posts: 642
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 15 times
people have been as they say 'touped' when a service went to a new provider in our organisation and I'm sure they only had to keep up the same conditions for a year or so, sorry can't recall but it was somehtinf like thta as I remember one moaning he woulds end up on a cash pension scheme.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Hell at work
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:43 pm 
Offline
Senior Member

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:17 pm
Posts: 642
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 15 times
Been an eventfull week, my team leader goes off on the sick on Monday, can only think that he has feeling the strain about this as well, one of my colleuges goes off on Tuesday signed off for a month (he is going through the same S*** as me)
Found out that my workplace investigation has been thrown out because of breaches of procedure and I went off yesterday, just couldn't take it anymore and have a doctors appointment on Monday, so the team is falling apart! Even had a harrasing phone call from my line manager yesterday and this was after he knew I was off ill! Christ, that knocked me for six! but back on a more even keel again, had to visit my colleuge to show him the report they sent me to reasure him that this will probaly be their findings in connection with his workplace investigation as he was bricking it thinking he would lose his job.
Well, what next, need to recover and plan for the future, having a family BBQ tomorrow, the first one in 10yrs as we had a caravan that was a victim of winter flooding so that life is over so looking forward to our gathering having family and friends round me like a blanket.

Can't wait!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Hell at work
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:14 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:58 pm
Posts: 2902
Has thanked: 751 times
Been thanked: 337 times
You should have recorded the conversation.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Hell at work
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:16 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:58 pm
Posts: 2902
Has thanked: 751 times
Been thanked: 337 times
I had some problems with my last boss and he done something similar. I let it be known to the works grass I had recorded the conversation (I hadn't) as I knew this info would be passed on to him.

He shat a brick and his attitude quickly changed.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Hell at work
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:39 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:20 pm
Posts: 3038
Has thanked: 917 times
Been thanked: 901 times
Mate of mine worked at a place with difficult management.
I don't know all the details, but he felt it was untenable and retired at just over 60.
He managed OK until he was 65, and now he says he'd have retired earlier if he'd known what he knows now.

Work is a means of getting the money to live to my thinking. Not an end in itself.

Some man-agers seem to manage to drag everyone under them into their pile of crepe.

Enjoy your weekend.



For this message the author Dave54 has received gratitude : jape
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Hell at work
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:50 pm 
Offline
Senior Member

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:17 pm
Posts: 642
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 15 times
maybe I should stay in the morose mood as my sense of humour seems to be hitting a creative streak, don't I have ever came up with a line to laugh at in any situation but one came to me today.

'I need to see my tailor, as this suicide vest is killing me!

Well, it made me chuckle and thats what I need just now


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Hell at work
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:58 pm 
Online
Senior Member

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:03 pm
Posts: 6662
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 1125 times
caravan72 wrote:
'I need to see my tailor, as this suicide vest is killing me!


:thumbleft:

_________________
Take it easy, a forum is only a collection of opinions. Above, are mine.

Which is correct? Metre or Meter? Click the link. to find out more.

No such thing as "Thou shalt put this wire here, Thou shalt put that wire there" .............Take a picture BEFORE you do the job.

If gloom had a voice, it would be me. :mrgreen:

:idea1: How to post a picture on this forum Click here


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Hell at work
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:13 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:49 pm
Posts: 22609
Location: hants/dorset border
Has thanked: 1348 times
Been thanked: 3468 times
caravan72 wrote:
people have been as they say 'touped' when a service went to a new provider in our organisation and I'm sure they only had to keep up the same conditions for a year or so, sorry can't recall but it was somehtinf like thta as I remember one moaning he woulds end up on a cash pension scheme.


It's TUPE not Toupe... (transfer of undertaking provisions)


http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1655

So your main terms and conditions of employment stay the same; However many companies that have been offering "final salary" pension schemes when sold will have to change/freeze your pension scheme, then offer you a different scheme. Final salary pension schemes were once sustainable but over the last 25/30 years or so have been an increasing liability for most companies. (BHS as one example)

TUPE covers your main terms and conditions of employment, length of service is retained for redundancy purposes but does not cover your pension scheme..... HTH :salute:

_________________
Verwood Handyman

Verwood Handyman


___________________________________________________________________

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Hell at work
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:37 pm 
Offline
Senior Member

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:17 pm
Posts: 642
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 15 times
wine~o wrote:
caravan72 wrote:
people have been as they say 'touped' when a service went to a new provider in our organisation and I'm sure they only had to keep up the same conditions for a year or so, sorry can't recall but it was somehtinf like thta as I remember one moaning he woulds end up on a cash pension scheme.


It's TUPE not Toupe... (transfer of undertaking provisions)


http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1655

So your main terms and conditions of employment stay the same; However many companies that have been offering "final salary" pension schemes when sold will have to change/freeze your pension scheme, then offer you a different scheme. Final salary pension schemes were once sustainable but over the last 25/30 years or so have been an increasing liability for most companies. (BHS as one example)

TUPE covers your main terms and conditions of employment, length of service is retained for redundancy purposes but

does not cover
your pension scheme..... HTH :salute:


Are you my father inlaw! as he is a retired English teacher and he always corrects me! but I love him! 86 yrs old and I can take the p*ss out of him and he gets it every time!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Hell at work
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:40 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:49 pm
Posts: 22609
Location: hants/dorset border
Has thanked: 1348 times
Been thanked: 3468 times
caravan72 wrote:
wine~o wrote:
caravan72 wrote:
people have been as they say 'touped' when a service went to a new provider in our organisation and I'm sure they only had to keep up the same conditions for a year or so, sorry can't recall but it was somehtinf like thta as I remember one moaning he woulds end up on a cash pension scheme.


It's TUPE not Toupe... (transfer of undertaking provisions)


http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1655

So your main terms and conditions of employment stay the same; However many companies that have been offering "final salary" pension schemes when sold will have to change/freeze your pension scheme, then offer you a different scheme. Final salary pension schemes were once sustainable but over the last 25/30 years or so have been an increasing liability for most companies. (BHS as one example)

TUPE covers your main terms and conditions of employment, length of service is retained for redundancy purposes but

does not cover
your pension scheme..... HTH :salute:


Are you my father inlaw! as he is a retired English teacher and he always corrects me! but I love him! 86 yrs old and I can take the p*ss out of him and he gets it every time!


Hang on.. let me just check.

Nope; I'm not your FIL. :salute:

_________________
Verwood Handyman

Verwood Handyman


___________________________________________________________________

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Hell at work
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:40 pm 
Offline
Senior Member

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:17 pm
Posts: 642
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 15 times
wine~o wrote:
caravan72 wrote:
wine~o wrote:
caravan72 wrote:
people have been as they say 'touped' when a service went to a new provider in our organisation and I'm sure they only had to keep up the same conditions for a year or so, sorry can't recall but it was somehtinf like thta as I remember one moaning he woulds end up on a cash pension scheme.


It's TUPE not Toupe... (transfer of undertaking provisions)


http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1655

So your main terms and conditions of employment stay the same; However many companies that have been offering "final salary" pension schemes when sold will have to change/freeze your pension scheme, then offer you a different scheme. Final salary pension schemes were once sustainable but over the last 25/30 years or so have been an increasing liability for most companies. (BHS as one example)


TUPE covers your main terms and conditions of employment, length of service is retained for redundancy purposes but

does not cover
your pension scheme..... HTH :salute:


Are you my father inlaw! as he is a retired English teacher and he always corrects me! but I love him! 86 yrs old and I can take the p*ss out of him and he gets it every time!


Hang on.. let me just check.

Nope; I'm not your FIL. :salute:


Did u do a throughy check, DNA and family tree and all, cause I'm sure there is a connection! with my ever and always growing family tree, we could have some distant spaver connection! You never know as I've grown to learn!
Actually I was aware of the pension situation as the guy who was T**** whatever! moaned he was now going on a money scheme.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Hell at work
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:32 pm 
Offline
BANNED
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:29 am
Posts: 698
Has thanked: 125 times
Been thanked: 116 times
Easy to say but if you let it get you down they are winning. I've had bloody good reason to get upset at real hurt from various political government changes and some cultural changes over six decades, also stuff from 'ordinary' people. i hold to my won philosophy. The trick most forget is to learn to change but only compromise where forced to, then leave the crap behind and move on as quickly as possible to the next phase. You have to or YOU are wrong and proving that with a miserable life. i don't know your best course through this nasty passage but i do know some things are worthwhile and some not. Contentment isn't easy and you won't get it from giving in but sometimes not from being inflexible. i do know that depression stops all gain. So please trya nd look forward and set goals you keep in sight to give you a balance as you go. Wish you luck.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Hell at work
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:43 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:58 pm
Posts: 2902
Has thanked: 751 times
Been thanked: 337 times
big-all wrote:
i wonder if that was a condition negotiated by the union rather than "law" :dunno: :dunno:


It's law apparently. They tried to make it a year but employment law prevailed.



For this message the author Argyll has received gratitude : big-all
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next


Similar topics
   

Time zone: Europe/London


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


 

 

 

News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
ultimatehandyman privacy policy

Contact

 

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

phpBB SEO