DIY Forum

Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate HandymanUltimate Handyman on Pinterest

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice forum

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:46 pm
Visit Thermo worx

Time zone: Europe/London [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hell at work
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 12:00 am 
Pro Carpenter

ok thinking out loud

do you have a solicitor??
ask for transcripts off any communications in relation to disiplinary or performance related matters to pass to your solicitor

now this may unnerve them they may refuse at that point
then i would take actual legal advice through the union or otherwise
do you have confidence in your union rep ?? try asking for a more experienced union rep who has more experiance in the areas you need covered

now the solicitor bit it tongue in cheek as i dont know what your allowed by law or contract but the idea is to back foot them and make them feel uncomfortable and a bit frightened so spend more time checking and take the pressure off you and on them

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on Google+
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 12:10 am 
Pro Carpenter

also dont forget your local union rep will have a "working relation "with the local management
now this can be a good thing but it can also be a bad thing another reason to get the the best man for the job from head office via your local man off course

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 12:47 am 

wine~o wrote:
caravan72 wrote:
wine~o wrote:
:dunno: What's sairy grading ??

Yes sairy! or should I say Salary grading, found out from the meeting that we have 51 employee's and 22 people have gained from the grading! Me, I have to wait 25 years to get one @ 1% per year, there's a line manager thats on my case, seen him heap stress on other people before and in fact he did this to my wife before she went sick then retired.
So my days are numbered will wait until my investigation so I can my version of events across then off sick, the manager concered for the last 2 weeks I have totaly blanked! oh and I'm even being pulled up for using exclamation marks in my case notes, although I use them I don't even know what the exact term means.

Doomed!

Can we just get a few facts straight ? You have been working for this company for how many years ?

You have had a disciplinary before ? if so outcome of that ?
Yes, warning supplied 1998

are you currently on a warning ? if so what for ?

NO

PM me if you don't want to share on a public forum...

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 1:20 am 

big-all wrote:
ok thinking out loud

do you have a solicitor??
No
ask for transcripts off any communications in relation to disiplinary or performance related matters to pass to your solicitor
Could be done and will be done

now this may unnerve them they may refuse at that point
then i would take actual legal advice through the union or otherwise
do you have confidence in your union rep ?? try asking for a more experienced union rep who has more experiance in the areas you need covered

He has 35 yrs experiance and actually incerted a put down to one of the directors and put him in his place! i would now say that I have little chance of being upgraded it might happen but not to a scale where I will be able to gain a salary increae but if I'm upgraded it will be a win but not a gain, my rep stated later that I inserted more than I should have but I rarley get the chance to voice an opioion at any stage so went for it.

now the solicitor bit it tongue in cheek as i dont know what your allowed by law or contract but the idea is to back foot them and make them feel uncomfortable and a bit frightened so spend more time checking and take the pressure off you and on them

Now waiting for investigation to take place so I can get my viewpoint across then Bobs your uncle! oh s*it I've used another exclamation mark so expect another investigation! on no there is another one so that puts me on another warning with DS.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 1:51 am 
Pro Carpenter

glad your holding on to a sense off humour that is essential
if they think you are weak they may dismiss your comments in a "not important" way
you need to come in strong and confident be in charge off the situation not easy but gives you the edge

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 9:18 pm 

big-all wrote:
glad your holding on to a sense off humour that is essential
if they think you are weak they may dismiss your comments in a "not important" way
you need to come in strong and confident be in charge off the situation not easy but gives you the edge

I appreciate your feedback and yes I'm performing on the edge, said more than I should have said but hardly ever get to express myself at this level in fact I was talking for all the losers in the organisation, tomorrow the CEO has to meet with me and explain how they worked out my salary grading I know it was a points systemand my union guy commented afterwards that they did not want this to made public, it has been become apparant that the guy who worked out the new system was working only on the job descriptions and he totaly outlined this through the appeal process, there was never any job evaluation study done and this is a glaring omission! Have to keep it together as this B*****d line manager is on my ass! seen it with my wife and other ex employee's, so tomorrow will shine another light on how this outfit works, have been building a fence the last 3 days and this has helped me with distraction but at the same time it has brought thought planning that I'm not used to dealing with, anyway, haven't done what i thought I would have doen but at the same time I'm happy with what I have acheived and have to thank my wife as she has has been painting the wood prior to me puting it together, my arms are aching because of a previous condition and wielding a B****y hammer all day! old school, no plasload gun just a 16OZ hammer and aching limbs.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 11:01 pm 

Had something similar about 3 yrs ago. Owner of the nursing home I worked at had sold all the nursing homes he owned apart from the one I was employed at. The area manager (who's husband just happened to be the chap I took over from) wanted me out, so he could come back to work, instead of sitting about at home twiddling his thumbs. She trumped up a charge of me putting the residents at risk, through the incorrect setting up of airwave mattresses. First I knew of this was when she called me into the office for the "informal inquiry" into my apparently reckless setting up of the aforementioned airwave mattresses. I explained that the only guidance on the use of airwave mattresses had come from her husband. I'd never been on a course in the installation and use of airwave mattresses (although I'd been on a course on the use of profiling beds) Anyway, when I got home, the first thing I did was to ring ACAS. I explained the situation to them and they advised to record as much information as possible. Keep records etc and in the event of being dismissed, consider an employment tribunal. A week later I was invited to another meeting. Told it would be at 11:20 am prompt. At 18 minutes past 11 the area manager came out of the office saying the meeting was going to be late because she was going out for a cigarette. !! First question asked when the meeting finally started (15 minutes late) was "If we decide to dismiss you, will you take the company to an employment tribunal?" WTF ?? Stupid question to ask, so you could almost see where the company were going to go. I told her "Yes, without a shadow of a doubt, I'd go to a tribunal." There followed a few questions about my abilities to carry out my duties, following a minor stroke the year before. The meeting ended with her telling me to "expect the worst" and I was suspended (on full pay) from duties until their investigation was complete.
Whilst I was off, I was informed by a colleague that the area manager's husband was "filling in for me" and that he'd made exactly the same error with airwave mattresses that I'd apparently made, and there was a record of this in the maintenance book. I asked her to surreptitiously do a photocopy of the maintenance book entry, which duly arrived at my house. A few weeks later I received a letter asking me to attend the final disciplinary hearing. She started by saying how dismayed the company was that I'd let the residents down. I responded by saying, how dismayed I was that it had come to this, when I thought I was doing a great job and had the support of many members of staff and that I knew the real reason for this charade. That she wanted her husband "back in work and off the bloody dole." (thought she'd have had apoplexy when I came out with that) I pointed out that her husband had made the same error with the airwave mattresses and asked what training he'd had that I had not. Anyway following some "Well I think that's unfair, he can't help being on the dole etc, etc. she said the company had investigated and decided that I would keep my job and her husband would support me in my position for a few weeks (idle b'stard did fook all for that few weeks except drink coffee)
Anyway, the owner already had plans to sell his last nursing home and a few months later, he sold it .. We had new owners and the area manager was out of a job.
Reading between the lines, the first question at the first meeting was the most telling one. Had I said "No I wouldn't even consider a tribunal" I'd have been out the door faster than a rocket sled on rails.

For this message the author joinerjohn has received gratitude : Argyll
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 12:13 am 
Pro Carpenter

as an aside
the new owner must accept all contracts in place
must respect the employees contracts there pensions and customers contracts
they cannot alter them without agreement
you need not sign a new contract and cannot be disiplined or dismissed for not signing a new contract
they can off course make your life hell :shock:

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 12:23 am 

big-all wrote:
as an aside
the new owner must accept all contracts in place

In the case of the nursing home where I worked, the new owners had no need of an area manager and as part of the deal, she was kept on by the old owner, who then made her redundant. Also she'd only worked for him for about three years, so only got the bare minimum redundancy. (served her right too)

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:04 am 

big-all wrote:
as an aside
the new owner must accept all contracts in place:

Only for 3 years though.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:22 am 

Argyll wrote:
big-all wrote:
as an aside

Only for 3 years though.

Not arguing, just would like clarification please. :-)

Only for 3 years? how do you mean ? (Really am just curios)

Which is correct? Metre or Meter? Click the link. to find out more.

No such thing as "Thou shalt put this wire here, Thou shalt put that wire there" .............Take a picture BEFORE you do the job.

If gloom had a voice, it would be me. :mrgreen:

:idea1: How to post a picture on this forum Click here

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 4:17 pm 

When some prisons were privatised they were kept under the same T&C's for 3 years and then they could do what they want. It's enshrined in UK employment law.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 10:20 pm 

oh, thanks, I understand now. You are saying that the new owners must honour the employees T & C's for 3 years?

Which is correct? Metre or Meter? Click the link. to find out more.

No such thing as "Thou shalt put this wire here, Thou shalt put that wire there" .............Take a picture BEFORE you do the job.

If gloom had a voice, it would be me. :mrgreen:

:idea1: How to post a picture on this forum Click here

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:49 am 
Pro Carpenter

Argyll wrote:
big-all wrote:
as an aside

Only for 3 years though.

didnt know there was a time limit off 3 years assumed it would be the full contract term or ongoing if no contract length stated :dunno:
do you have a link to the 3 years clause/condition please :thumbright:

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:01 am 

someone-else wrote:
oh, thanks, I understand now. You are saying that the new owners must honour the employees T & C's for 3 years?

:thumbright:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next