DIY Forum

Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate HandymanUltimate Handyman on Pinterest

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice forum

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:01 am
Visit Hilti

Time zone: Europe/London [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:54 pm 

Hi folks, having rebuilt our knackered porch roof after a lot of research and pondering I am committed to fibreglassing the 2.5x3m roof.

I am quite happy with the process and have done it many years ago, however 2 things a different and I would appreciate any advice of help...........

What sort of drying times will I be working with in these current 20 degree plus temperatures? I have summer catalyst and will be going with the minimum 1%. I thought about doing the fibreglassing at 6/7pm at night then the top coat in the morning but I am worried this may be too long between coats?

I have lost my second man / helper for the next few weeks and have no-one else to call upon so I will have to do this job alone. Can I lay a width of main matt (say 3m wide left to right across the roof) and mix just enough to wet the roof deck and lay the matt then consolidate, before mixing more for the next run (overlapping the standard 50mm). Will this work or create issues as I overlap the next run - should I maybe be just working with a half run?

Sorry I know that's a lot of questions but I a bit concerned about messing it up!

ps the deck is laid with 2.4mx600mmx18mm t/g osb3

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on Google+