DIY Forum

Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate HandymanUltimate Handyman on Pinterest

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice forum

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:26 pm
Visit Thermo worx

Time zone: Europe/London [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:55 pm 

Hi,

Spot on Mod6; Bron says I become more like Victor everyday which is such a wonderful compliment and of course so well deserved. I'm feeling better now.

Kind regards, Col.

SOME PEOPLE ARE SO POOR ALL THEY HAVE IS MONEY.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on Google+

For this message the author Retired has received thanks - 2: aeromech3, moderator6
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:10 pm 

I'm an original CableTel NTL then Virgin but I don't recall anything about F-secure, I do remember when they dropped the cable FM Service and my HiFi tuner became useless (poor terrestrial reception); Virgin insisted it was never part of the package but I have it on my original contract dated May 1998.

Just called them up and they say I am not on F-Secure which is apparently a separate billing but after a small Victor M. moan, they have upgraded my package for less monthly cost and I get a Tivo and a new wifi modem which I did not have before :cheers:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:03 pm 

If you get problems with the super hub from virgin, phone them up and get them to change the port to 8, 9 or 11 I think it is.

The default is 2-3 or 4 or something like that and not very good.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:28 pm 

Hi,

Thanks aeromech 3; why should long standing customers like you or I have to fight to get what is possibly handed out as a freebie to new customers just joining Virgin? Well done though for being brought up to date but more below.

Many thanks thescruff for your information which is also of use to other members.

A little story though which is unusual for me? I'm a dinosaur in that I dislike mobile phones and only bought one costing a massive fiver so that I could inform Bron when I was starting my home journey from Rufforth Auto Jumble which I like to visit once a month. I added £10 credit onto the phone which mostly remains intact. Months ago I was at Rufforth and couldn't raise an answer from Bron although the phone was ringing normally which sounded warning bells because Bron is always home and near the phone; I thought perhaps something untoward had happened so decided to come home via the M1 motorway only to run immediately into gridlock due to endless roadworks so I sat and worried all the while. Eventually I arrived home to find Bron upset because she too had been worrying about me not contacting her and she thought I might have been involved in an accident?

I tried using my mobile whilst standing next to Bron in our front room and sure enough the mobile sounded perfect but our landline was not ringing in fact our landline (Virgin) was dead? Then it became absolutely stupid as I tried and tried to get our landline restored; technicians were called in and one said we would be without landline for weeks because the road had to come up and that Virgin would have to request and be granted council permission for the roadworks this after previous visits by Virgin technicians; it was the last straw; I obtained the personal email address of Virgins CEO and sent him a polite email explaining how his technicians were having such a terrible time of reinstating our landline and I thought Virgin was a communications company?

Boy this got results; Bron and I were treated like royalty from then on; we were passed on to a top executive with direct contact and all the previous technicians disappeared to be replaced by their area supervisor who after an initial inspection apologised profusely saying he was sorry but he would have to leave us for ten minutes to visit the master box down the lane the box at the end of our drive being a slave box; he was back in the ten minutes and after a couple of minutes in the slave box he rang us to check we were back with a landline? Not only this the supervisor gave us his personal email address in case of future problems; great we had our landline back on but then there was a lot more. This supervisor ripped just about everything out regarding the cable all the old connectors and junctions etc were dumped and replaced we were upgraded free of charge to 50Mb broadband in short we had now a super up to date system including brand new router.

We had been messed around and even lied to by Virgin technicians and of course I was now doing my good impression of Victor Meldrew but when I get mad which is seldom I do something about it without resorting to abuse or offense; we kissed and made up with Virgin Media and are still loyal customers but I admit I'm miffed about their latest rip off this being to charge for the F-Secure online security which we refuse to pay for.

I'm better than Horlicks on these dark dreary nights.

Kind regards, Col.

SOME PEOPLE ARE SO POOR ALL THEY HAVE IS MONEY.