DIY Forum

Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate HandymanUltimate Handyman on Pinterest

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice forum

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIRECTORY | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:31 pm

Time zone: Europe/London [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:15 pm 
Newly registered Member

Hi, anyone advise me on the following - recently saw an advert within one off the national newspapers for a 3x3 conservatory at just under £1700 ( supply only ) just trying to get a rough idea off how much work/ costs are involved in a complete finished job ??

the conservatory would be having a dwarf wall, the rear off the hosue where it will be being built has patio doors which would obviously lead out into the conservatory itself thus saving having to knock down walls etc so thats one good thing !! there is a patio area out there that will be used to build the conservatory upon, the patio is built up off a very well laid area off substantial flag stones, excuse my ignorance ??!! but is this a good enough base for the conservatory ??

are there any other hidden costs that I may be forgetting about and any ideas just how much money / labour would be involved ?? have a mate whos father is a **, know a joiner so hopefully should be able to get it done without spending too much ?!!!

lastly - any ideas how long a time scale are you talking about just to construct the conservatory itself once everything else is in place. ie. dwarf wall, base etc ??

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on Google+

You may not be able to see the full post including pictures unless you register or log in

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:22 pm 
Jack Of All Trades

You can't build it directly on to the patio, it needs a proper foundation for the brickwork.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:56 pm 
Jack Of All Trades

Sorry, I meant to add this on my previous post!.........Once the dwarf wall is built it should take a couple of men 2 days to complete the conservatory!