DIY Forum


Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate HandymanUltimate Handyman on Pinterest


DIY Forum/Home improvement advice forum




It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:43 am
Visit Hilti

Time zone: Europe/London [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:04 am 
Newly registered Member

Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:54 am
Posts: 1
Has thanked: 0 times
Been thanked: 0 times
Need Immediate help.

During exacting a parking spot I came across a Sewerage Pipe (I didn't know this at the time) and removed a section of it.

Yorkshire water have recently been on site and accessed it and have said that a set of contractors are coming out fix the pipe- likely at my cost.

Do i legally have to use their contractors or can I get the pipe fixed by my own qualified plumber?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on Google+
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:37 am 
Pro Carpenter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:11 pm
Posts: 20479
Location: redhill surrey an auld reekie laddie
Has thanked: 673 times
Been thanked: 1934 times
could be completely wrong here buttttttt
its there pipe you broke it[possibly] its there choice to fix it as in you dont have a contract to fix it just to pay for repairs
they may choose to let you fix it but needs to be up to standard so would need an approved agent or an inspection :dunno: :dunno:
suspect its just easier for them to fix it
worth checking iff the drain is where it should be as in
to the correct depth where the plans say it should be and correctly protected iff required :dunno:

we are all ------------------still learning

Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:11 pm 
Senior Member

Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:20 pm
Posts: 342
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 92 times
Ive recently applied for altering a sewer pipe to build an orangery for a client.

That is with Thames water. I had to send drawings of existing, proposed with a specification. New manhole to made in brick, pipework has to be salt glazed clay not plastic and CCTV required on completion.

That is assuming it is an adopted sewer, not just a pipe feeding your own property -in which case you can fix it

If it comes across from a neighbouring property then is is owned by Yorkshire (sewers were adopted in 2011).
Because the water authorities only adopted sewers in 2011 they dont have a clue where most of them are. And there must be thousands that have been built over

I would as big-all says above, you cant just repair it!

If youve removed a section Im guessing the pipe is getting blocked so I guess it needs sorting quickly!

Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

Similar topics

Time zone: Europe/London [ DST ]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Visit Solent plastics




News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
ultimatehandyman privacy policy



Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group