DIY Forum

 

Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate HandymanUltimate Handyman on Pinterest

 

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice forum

 

 

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:16 am
Visit Thermo worx


Time zone: Europe/London




 

 


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:03 am 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:42 pm
Posts: 685
Has thanked: 130 times
Been thanked: 196 times
Starting to look very nice that. The tiling looks good :thumbleft:

Not entirely sure what you mean about the waste, but if you're in any doubt, maybe run a hose into the tray for half an hour to check the waste for leaks... Best to find out before you do too much more work if it's not watertight :-)

_________________
Haste is the enemy of quality.


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on Google+
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:03 pm 
Offline
Newly registered Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:36 am
Posts: 25
Location: Leeds, UK
Has thanked: 0 times
Been thanked: 1 times
chrrris wrote:
Starting to look very nice that. The tiling looks good :thumbleft:

Not entirely sure what you mean about the waste, but if you're in any doubt, maybe run a hose into the tray for half an hour to check the waste for leaks... Best to find out before you do too much more work if it's not watertight :-)


Thanks chrrris, I did exactly that and no leaks! Well not under the shower tray but there were a few drips from the push-fit plumbing I had lying around from the previous install. Picked up some compression fittings to put it together properly. Walls now all tiled, bath fitted and am just waiting for the new vanity unit and basin to arrive before I finish it all off :thumbleft:

Thanks for all your help.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:50 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:49 pm
Posts: 22617
Location: hants/dorset border
Has thanked: 1352 times
Been thanked: 3469 times
RHodgett wrote:
chrrris wrote:
Starting to look very nice that. The tiling looks good :thumbleft:

Not entirely sure what you mean about the waste, but if you're in any doubt, maybe run a hose into the tray for half an hour to check the waste for leaks... Best to find out before you do too much more work if it's not watertight :-)


Thanks chrrris, I did exactly that and no leaks! Well not under the shower tray but there were a few drips from the push-fit plumbing I had lying around from the previous install. Picked up some compression fittings to put it together properly. Walls now all tiled, bath fitted and am just waiting for the new vanity unit and basin to arrive before I finish it all off :thumbleft:

Thanks for all your help.


Please tell me you haven't put compression fittings in an inaccessible place (behind tiling ) ???

_________________
Verwood Handyman

Verwood Handyman


___________________________________________________________________

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:44 am 
Offline
Newly registered Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:36 am
Posts: 25
Location: Leeds, UK
Has thanked: 0 times
Been thanked: 1 times
wine~o wrote:
RHodgett wrote:
chrrris wrote:
Starting to look very nice that. The tiling looks good :thumbleft:

Not entirely sure what you mean about the waste, but if you're in any doubt, maybe run a hose into the tray for half an hour to check the waste for leaks... Best to find out before you do too much more work if it's not watertight :-)


Thanks chrrris, I did exactly that and no leaks! Well not under the shower tray but there were a few drips from the push-fit plumbing I had lying around from the previous install. Picked up some compression fittings to put it together properly. Walls now all tiled, bath fitted and am just waiting for the new vanity unit and basin to arrive before I finish it all off :thumbleft:

Thanks for all your help.


Please tell me you haven't put compression fittings in an inaccessible place (behind tiling ) ???


No, everything is exposed except for the waste which has a compression fitting. Not behind tiling, just behind the CLS timber base, could always drill a hole through the base to get at it if I needed to.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:22 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:42 pm
Posts: 685
Has thanked: 130 times
Been thanked: 196 times
Well done mate. Sounds like you can be proud of your work!

You did well to ditch the push-fit waste fittings. Don't think there are many/any plumbers who would entertain using it for 1.5" or 1.25" (the external pipe diameters for pushfit systems are all wrong for a start!).

_________________
Haste is the enemy of quality.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2


Similar topics
   

Time zone: Europe/London


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


 

 

 

News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
ultimatehandyman privacy policy

Contact

 

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

phpBB SEO