DIY Forum

Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate HandymanUltimate Handyman on Pinterest

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice forum

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:36 am
Visit Thermo worx

Time zone: Europe/London [ DST ]

Post subject: BBC Pay Row
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:12 am 

I must say that I thought that all the 'stars' pay given on the recent list was a disgrace. Nothing to do with the disparity between men and women, they are all hugely overpaid for what they do.

The simple solution is to introduce pay deals that are linked to viewing figures. That would mean most the 'News' presenters would be down to £30 a week and old lefty jug ears Lineker would be around £50 a week. That useless lump of shite Yentob who gets £250k a year for FA would probably end up owing them money as no one watches his arty farty offerings.

Chris Evans is getting £2m but at least he draws in 9m regular listeners a week so under the viewing listening figures to pay formula he would probably do quite well. Even so he was spectacularly useless at Top Gear so when the lost viewers are netted off he would be on £300 a week.

DWD

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on Google+
 Post subject: Re: BBC Pay Row
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:29 am 

A good idea mate, but you'd have to pay them minimum wage. . .
The thing that gets me is that as long as I can understand them I really don't care who reads the news. Most of the ones who do I couldn't name anyway, or tell you if they work for BBC or one of the others.
Sport is anathema to me so I don't care who they have to chair the endless "The boy dun gud" type "what if "discussions they seem to insist on having after every session of trying to kick the spherical object into the knitted string, or whatever.
Chris Evans I won't watch or listen to.
I was watching something about holidays the other day and they appear to have three female ex newsreaders presenting it. Their names elude me offhand. Why three though? Anyway I won't be watching it again.
"The voice of this, that, or the other" Yeah, right they are. Just who are they again?
Perhaps a bit less PC, and "jobs for the boys (and girls)" would be a good thing.
Where do I write for a rebate on my BBC tax-disguised-as-a-licence?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:42 am 

Dave54 wrote:
A good idea mate, but you'd have to pay them minimum wage. . .
The thing that gets me is that as long as I can understand them I really don't care who reads the news. Most of the ones who do I couldn't name anyway, or tell you if they work for BBC or one of the others.
Sport is anathema to me so I don't care who they have to chair the endless "The boy dun gud" type "what if "discussions they seem to insist on having after every session of trying to kick the spherical object into the knitted string, or whatever.
Chris Evans I won't watch or listen to.
I was watching something about holidays the other day and they appear to have three female ex newsreaders presenting it. Their names elude me offhand. Why three though? Anyway I won't be watching it again.
"The voice of this, that, or the other" Yeah, right they are. Just who are they again?
Perhaps a bit less PC, and "jobs for the boys (and girls)" would be a good thing.
Where do I write for a rebate on my BBC tax-disguised-as-a-licence?

Those three female presenters are on Rip off Britain holidays, and are Angela Rippon, Gloria Hunniford and Julia Somerville.
the missus hates the fact they are all on a jolly abroad when as you say one could do it.

For this message the author adonis has received gratitude : Dave54
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:24 pm 

Two methods would make me happier - pay them on their shaggability or lump all their wages into one big pot and hand them all baseball bats and tell them to sort it themselves.

Mind you, for the latter method, I'd sneak in there and help them all kick the living sh1t out of the likes of Lineker and Evans..... it's what I (don't) pay my licence fee for.......

Best method for 'equality' would be to pay them all the LOWEST wage currently being handed out.

Mind you, for an organisation that effectively sanctioned child molesting, the BBC messing with pay equality is par for the course..... what's the odds on the licence fee payer being stuck for all the BACK PAY that these chancers will now be asking for?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:19 pm 

Make it fair cut the men's wages to the level of the women's.
Oh and take a cut of all the spin off benefits they get from advertising, personal appearances and the honours lists, trading on the Celebrity status their job gives them. :B

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:54 pm 

I'd cut all their wages to something sensible for employees of an organisation paid for by an enforced "tax"
Certainly no more than £100K for what they do.
Anyone who didn't like it could do the other thing.
Then they can cut the licence fee to something that reflects it's actual value.

For this message the author Dave54 has received gratitude : dewaltdisney
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:47 am 
Newly registered Member

Thing is though, you can guarantee they're still probably under the market rate. You might not like it, but can guarantee C4, ITV and Sky etc. will be paying their presenters more. Just because it's the BBC people have an issue. Don't agree with the amount they're on, but come on, surely you can understand it? The gender gap is more of a concern, not the amount they're on.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:06 pm 

Dekmantel wrote:
Thing is though, you can guarantee they're still probably under the market rate. You might not like it, but can guarantee C4, ITV and Sky etc. will be paying their presenters more

Ant and Dec are a good example of that ,
http://www.celebsnow.co.uk/celebrity-ne ... ear-344026

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:37 pm 

Grendel wrote:
Dekmantel wrote:
Thing is though, you can guarantee they're still probably under the market rate. You might not like it, but can guarantee C4, ITV and Sky etc. will be paying their presenters more

Ant and Dec are a good example of that ,
http://www.celebsnow.co.uk/celebrity-ne ... ear-344026

Doesn't necessarily do you any good though does it, all that dosh :lol:

Time zone: Europe/London [ DST ]