DIY Forum

Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate HandymanUltimate Handyman on Pinterest

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice forum

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIRECTORY | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:09 am

Time zone: Europe/London

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:35 am 
Newly registered Member

Hi all

As title boiler displaying error code 133. As per service manual checked for voltage on PCB X2 connector across pins 2 and 5 and no power. Changed PCB to no effect, same error and still no power at X2 across 2 and 5. Have checked Ignition electrode and is at manual stated gap tolerance. No problems with gas supply. Any ideas I can check while I wait til monday for another engineer??

Thanks in advance.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on Google+

You may not be able to see the full post including pictures unless you register or log in

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:49 pm 
Gas/Heating Expert

You have already exceeded what you should have been doing as non gas registered. Probably spent more than a fixed price repair too.

You need a competent boiler engineer.

Tony

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:04 pm 

Did you have your multimeter set for DC volts and connected it as per instructions in Baxi manual?

www.drlgas.co.uk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:52 pm 
Newly registered Member

gas4you wrote:
Did you have your multimeter set for DC volts and connected it as per instructions in Baxi manual?

Yes, com at terminal 2 and set to DC.

Agile wrote:
You have already exceeded what you should have been doing as non gas registered. Probably spent more than a fixed price repair too.

You need a competent boiler engineer.

Tony

I'm a computer engineer Tony so I know my way round a multimeter and PCB. As for the rest I haven't touched the gas or plumbing and if you don't try you don't learn. For better or worse I'm not one of those people who takes well to being told I can't do something.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:25 pm 
Gas/Heating Expert

w00dy wrote:

I'm a computer engineer Tony so I know my way round a multimeter and PCB.

As for the rest I haven't touched the gas or plumbing and if you don't try you don't learn. For better or worse I'm not one of those people who takes well to being told I can't do something.

I have no problem with you doing any electronic or water tests or work.

But you have removed the ignition electrodes and that is classed as work on the gas/safety aspects of the boiler.

"Gas Work" is defined as any work which is related to gas or combustion or safety devices. It includes removing the combustion chamber cover and touching the ignition electrodes, gas valve, fan etc.

It can also include changing a PCB when there are gas settings on the PCB. Its very common to have ignition settings on the PCB and some have min and max gas presures as well as gas type in some cases.

Tony

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:04 pm 

:roll: Put another record on :roll:

www.drlgas.co.uk

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]