DIY Forum

Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate HandymanUltimate Handyman on Pinterest

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice forum

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:00 pm
Visit Thermo worx

Time zone: Europe/London

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:54 pm 

yartin wrote:
Hi
I want to refresh my bath tub, is it worth to pay for resurfacing? quoted £260 for Pouring method they are calling it. Or just buy a new bath plus panels and have to pay for labour as I can't do myself.
Any thoughts?

I'm assuming the £260 is for materials and labour? Seems the kit itself is £72 . https://renewbath.eu/payment/ which if the claimed life of 20 years is right seems almost a bargain . Can't help thinking that a lot must be down to preparation , the distractingly attractive young ladies in the videos didn't seem to give it more than a cursory rub down and there does seem to be several provisos that must be met , cleanliness , dryness and temperature and so on . It would be interesting to hear from someone who has actually used the product .

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on Google+
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:07 pm 

Grendel wrote:
yartin wrote:
Hi
I want to refresh my bath tub, is it worth to pay for resurfacing? quoted £260 for Pouring method they are calling it. Or just buy a new bath plus panels and have to pay for labour as I can't do myself.
Any thoughts?

I'm assuming the £260 is for materials and labour? Seems the kit itself is £72 . https://renewbath.eu/payment/ which if the claimed life of 20 years is right seems almost a bargain . Can't help thinking that a lot must be down to preparation , the distractingly attractive young ladies in the videos didn't seem to give it more than a cursory rub down and there does seem to be several provisos that must be met , cleanliness , dryness and temperature and so on . It would be interesting to hear from someone who has actually used the product .

Yes £260 all inclusive, said takes 6 hours. They claim 20 years... As every project it is in the preparation. Spray painting with 3 -5 layers a bath is the best option. I just don't agree applying thick coats of paints in any painting work, its bodging.

Forget about the video, it's so cheap (she is v nice and that's that). I have seen the pdf data file of the material they use, it says it should be done at 20-24 degrees and left on that temp for 48 days to harden. So in this country at any season really you need a heater in the bathroom on 24 hours 2 days plus a thermometer. AND if you want to resurface after 5 or 15 years, you need to remove this old layer of 5mm, crazy. Made is Slovenia. Not for me.

Version 2: :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkj3WFp2ZqQ